Like Tree6Likes

Singapore REITs - An Investment Case?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for the insight!

Original Post Deleted
    my student alumni association had some issues.. we held it under CDP custodian and they need us to sign a piece of form every single dividend to get the tax exemption... if you hold under bank custody then your bank custodian will help you handle that..

REITs are really about Dividends although capital appreciation is another good reason to invest in some good REITs.

Original Post Deleted

wow, darn.. look at how the Reits market got trashed today..

I agree yield is what one is looking for, but in this volatile market a 5% swing in the stock technically means you save up on one year's yield!

I think if i am sitting on flat pnl i will be happy to sit and collect yield.. but if it runs up too much and the yield get compressed below some hurdle rate, its really worth considering taking profit and wait for better opportunity to re-enter...

AsianXpat0 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    no right answer, that's why its a fun question to ask and punt... life needs abit more excitement than to sit and watch paint dry...

actually when the market got trashed in feb/march i set myself to put half of my investable CPF assets into Reits/blue chips.. it was kind of done.. and in between when the swings got too wild i also traded in and out to pocket that scraping 5~10% moves..

so my plan was to do half first, then when the market get another thrashing to do the other half.. then i can sit on yield of 7% for the rest of my life on those reits.. But always easier to plan than execute.. so now i have those half of the asset sitting on 20% profit and my view is there is a chance they will fall back below March level for me to execute the other half.. hmmm...

well, on supposedly stable assets 20% = 3 year of yield! and its always fund to trade in and out and have things to talk about during our beers...

Original Post Deleted
    but the issue is the other half should be deployed when the market is down.. at this current level i dont' intend to deploy the other half.. so i should only be playing with the half that i have deployed...

to be fair, at this level there are indeed good stuffs to deploy into.. like said, the mid tier SMEs in engineering/technology sectors that have been doing conservative proper businesses and paying out decent 3% yield over the years are the attractive ones.. i have indeed switch some of the half deployment over to these value plays from the shot up reits..

one of the small punts i had was on statoil, during the few days when oil were thrashed below 0 and everyone was on firesale.. that stock, one of the largest capped stock in the world (or at least in energy), jumped 30+% since then.. so should you take profit then knowing the company has always been a good dividend payer but its liquidity at play now ?