Like Tree13Likes

What does your investment portfolio look like right now?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What does your investment portfolio look like right now?

What changes are you thinking of making in 2020, if any.

Started in early 2020 - reducing HK / China risk

Same as @shri. More bullish in US, more bearish on China (including HK). Hoping to dump most of my HK stocks this year.

I am worried I have too much invested in HK. $14m investment property that I am renting out, plus still hold a fair amount of HK equities, unit trusts, etc. I might sell it all, buy a block of land in Australia, build a house on the land. Australian government offering incentives and handouts to new home builders.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Same as @shri. More bullish in US, more bearish on China (including HK). Hoping to dump most of my HK stocks this year.
    My case is not bullish about US or any other market. Just reducing single country risk associated with HK / China. You know .. the whole China sneezes and HK catches a flu thing... (Same derisk with SGP too, but thats fractional compared to HK and like bdw - if you have property here....)
    PetravanderVegt likes this.

I'm a bit of the opposite. I'm increasing my shares in chinese tech companies listed in Hong Kong such as alibab, tencent, meituan and hopefully ant financial. Also buying more under valued stocks on the US markets such as RTX, MGM, DKNG, AMD and looking into fintech (ADBE, PYPL) and cloud stocks.

Also, continuing to buy MSFT and AMZN monthly.

Same as @shri – slowly increasing exposure to markets outside Hong Kong to get a more balanced risk profile – so far Australia and New Zealand equities and paper silver. I probably should get more US and European exposure.

Also, even though interest rates are at record lows (and IMHO likely to remain there for some time), we've been paying down some of our margin finance. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if this makes sense given (i) the very low interest rates being paid and (ii) bond maturities over the next couple of years will punch a big hole in my remaining margin debt. Replacing maturing bonds is going to be painful in the current interest rate environment.

bought some good quality singapore stocks during the march selldown when valuation is more normal compared to the earlier ridiculous levels.. thinking what to do with them now.. was going to hold stocks until very close to the election.. so may still stick to this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    paper silver
    why ?

anyway one exposure that i sped up my accumulation is physical gold/silver since the QE infinity started.. but that's not an investment to me just an allocation in a different form of money.

100% invested in puts on TSLA as of yesterday

traineeinvestor, TheBrit and pin like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast