Like Tree2Likes

HSBC Investing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Standard Chartered have been offering reasonable term deposit rates for existing customers the last 6 months, and all using their mobile app so I have been able to take advantage of them from overseas. They were offering 1.5% for $100k for 3 months. I did this a few times.

Just logged into the app now and they are only offering 0.6% now. 0.7% over $1m. Seems they have reduced it. Still better to put any savings you have into one of these for 3 months than have it sit in your regular account. Even better now that it can be done in a few seconds on the app, no need to fart around in the branch.
    can you touch the money during those 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Standard Chartered have been offering reasonable term deposit rates for existing customers the last 6 months, and all using their mobile app so I have been able to take advantage of them from overseas. They were offering 1.5% for $100k for 3 months. I did this a few times.

Just logged into the app now and they are only offering 0.6% now. 0.7% over $1m. Seems they have reduced it. Still better to put any savings you have into one of these for 3 months than have it sit in your regular account. Even better now that it can be done in a few seconds on the app, no need to fart around in the branch.
    1.5% annually not over 3 month right?
    shri likes this.