Like Tree2Likes

UK Expat mortgages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Expat mortgages

Brokers are usually a great way to get free info on this (not sure if UK brokers charge for service however) - but I found these guys on the GeoExpats directory: Jackson Potter International

https://geoexpat.com/directory/finan...seas-mortgages

From an Australian perspective, most banks lend at 70-80% LVR, there is a product called Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) which costs a few thousand AUD (one-off) and in exchange lenders will allow you to go up to 90% LTV.

With regards, to interest rates I can again only give you some perspective from Australia, Investment loans are at around 2.5% to 3.0% with the Aussie Cash Rate at 0.25% in Australia.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by WodenAdvisers:
    Brokers are usually a great way to get free info on this (not sure if UK brokers charge for service however) - but I found these guys on the GeoExpats directory: Jackson Potter International

https://geoexpat.com/directory/finan...seas-mortgages

From an Australian perspective, most banks lend at 70-80% LVR, there is a product called Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) which costs a few thousand AUD (one-off) and in exchange lenders will allow you to go up to 90% LTV.

With regards, to interest rates I can again only give you some perspective from Australia, Investment loans are at around 2.5% to 3.0% with the Aussie Cash Rate at 0.25% in Australia.

Hope this helps!
    I was told that 90% LTV isn't available to non-residents and the best one could do was 80%.

There are two lenders that do 90% LTV for Australian non-residents:

1. TMBL (UniBank) - however, recently pulled out of the non-resident market amid COVID.
    2. Commonwealth Bank - 90% + LMI 4% (total LTV 94%)

Another way to obtain over 80% LTV is to use existing property as collateral (equity release) or family guarantor (using parent's property as collateral - security guarantor).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3