Like Tree71Likes

Ant Group - IPO (Suspended - Nov 3)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    That is rather what "believe it when you see it" means...
    Actually its different. You are skeptical until you see actual change. That's not what I meant. I am waiting and seeing.

GentleGeorge likes this.

Ant told to return to payment services - wonder if this will have consequences for its partnership with Vanguard...

https://youtu.be/hp4eIz1kS-g

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Ant told to return to payment services - wonder if this will have consequences for its partnership with Vanguard...
    Did that partnership ever turn into something practical? I.e.. was a fund or anything actually launched? From what I've seen Vanguard has been cutting its "losses" overseas and retreating back to the US for the last year or so. They've not managed to get anywhere close to Blackrock in Asia?

Or am I missing something with this Ant thing?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Did that partnership ever turn into something practical? I.e.. was a fund or anything actually launched? From what I've seen Vanguard has been cutting its "losses" overseas and retreating back to the US for the last year or so. They've not managed to get anywhere close to Blackrock in Asia?

Or am I missing something with this Ant thing?
    I don't think Vanguard has retreated from their joint venture with Ant - it is a fund that Ant users can put money into. Except maybe not now?

Yes, they earlier announced they would drop their HK ETFs - but I think that was prompted by the Ant opening. Easier to sign up main customers via the Ant fund than via the HK ETFs...

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Yes, they earlier announced they would drop their HK ETFs - but I think that was prompted by the Ant opening. Easier to sign up main customers via the Ant fund than via the HK ETFs...
    Not just the ETF thing, they pulled out of a fair bit of fund management for SOEs in China, there was some fuss from Taiwan and Japan too.

Anyways, I guess they know what they're doing.

More today on AAStocks (not sure where they've sourced their story from)

For instance, Boyu Capital, founded by former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin's grandson Jiang Zhicheng, holds Ant shares behind layers of investments.
    Ant's IPO Futile as Jiang Zemin, Other Powerful Men Secretly Hold Stake: Report AASTOCKS Financial News - Popular News

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13