8 38.10%
  • No

13 61.90%
Like Tree24Likes

Will you buy ANT IPO?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will you buy ANT IPO?

According to the news, it seems to be 100 times oversubscribed (is that really so???), so the likelihood of the price dropping immediately seems very low. On the other hand, the price of stocks is dropping, the P/E is 38?? That's huge.

I am considering buying it, maybe just for a quick exit with a 10-20-30% markup. Though if I get one lot and considering bank charges, it might not be worth it.

I read the other thread, and it seems some people are buying it and some people not. I can't figure out what the majority feels about it. So the justification for this poll. Are you buying ANTs or not?

Your possible return is higher with mark 6 than the ipo

Buy a few good books about statistics instead

mrgoodkat, mrgoodpants and sunyhk like this.

Valued at around the same market cap as Mastercard.

The PE ratio is pretty standard for a Chinese tech stock. I've probably gained and been burned by an equal number of Chinese IPOs so will probably sit this one out.

Usually if you are allotted the shares it's best to dump around midday. At least, that's the conventional wisdom.

eightfivetwo likes this.

What date do all the punters get back theor locked up cash?

Will not as it's not worth, holding 2K shares in Tencent & 3.5K shares in Alipay since 2011. and prices didn't changed, only going down.

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    Will not as it's not worth, holding 2K shares in Tencent & 3.5K shares in Alipay since 2011. and prices didn't changed, only going down.
    What exactly are you holding again?!?

It is just another Chinese copy paste company. I would not touch it with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    It is just another Chinese copy paste company. I would not touch it with a barge pole.
    OK, it is a little bit more than that. Considering the number of transactions they can process per minute compared to Visa And MC.

Say what you want... And regardless of how they got started (super interesting Chinese characteristics..) they have a huge advantage in a huge market.
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast