Like Tree10Likes

MPF rebalance

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by avocado22:
    [/B]
    Can you elaborate on this?
    DIS has the lowest management fees, is well diversified, and you don't have to think about it.

If you choose specific funds then you are choosing to de-diversify your portfolio. This may increase your chance of higher returns but increases your risk of losses. Also the higher management fees will eat into your funds regardless of whether you win or lose.
    pin likes this.

This. Since we are here for the long run, who cares abt volatility? Lets see when we are 50 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    DIS has the lowest management fees, is well diversified, and you don't have to think about it.

If you choose specific funds then you are choosing to de-diversify your portfolio. This may increase your chance of higher returns but increases your risk of losses. Also the higher management fees will eat into your funds regardless of whether you win or lose.
    You speak wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by aaabbbcccddd:
    This. Since we are here for the long run, who cares abt volatility? Lets see when we are 50 yrs old.
    Many people care about volatility and can't handle a 50% drop in their portfolio.

If you are not one of them, that's fine, go ahead and invest in what you think works for you.

You have equity fund with low management fees ~ dis fees

Quote Originally Posted by aaabbbcccddd:
    If you want to YOLO just buy a load of CBBCs and warrants on Futu / 8 Securities or follow @shri and dump money into Mark Six tickets.

By the way this is terrible advice before you think about it...
    shri likes this.

If you want to YOLO just buy a load of CBBCs and warrants on Futu / 8 Securities or follow @shri and dump money into Mark Six tickets.

By the way this is terrible advice before you think about it...
    There is an argument for some of the equity funds in the MPF - provider dependent but most seem to have an HSI tracker at ~0.75% which is about DIS fees I think? Some also have US fund at similar levels.

There is also a lot of expensive junk to filter out, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    There is an argument for some of the equity funds in the MPF - provider dependent but most seem to have an HSI tracker at ~0.75% which is about DIS fees I think? Some also have US fund at similar levels.

There is also a lot of expensive junk to filter out, of course.
    DIS is already mostly equities unless you are approaching retirement age. DIS has been returning an average of 7-8% annually after fees. You can add HSI but the performance has been worse and there's an additional risk of over concentration in HK and mainland China.

DIS is already mostly equities unless you are approaching retirement age. DIS has been returning an average of 7-8% annually after fees. You can add HSI but the performance has been worse and there's an additional risk of over concentration in HK and mainland China.
    Wow I hadn't realised the DIS did so well.

For me, HSI is itself a hedge against US and UK concentration elsewhere - but I agree with you in principle.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Wow I hadn't realised the DIS did so well.

For me, HSI is itself a hedge against US and UK concentration elsewhere - but I agree with you in principle.
    HSI I think is way too concentrated on China.

Also I personally wouldn't put money in HSI through MPF because of the daylight robbery in fees they charge knowing you can get 2800.hk for the fraction of the price.
    shri likes this.