Like Tree2Likes

MPF switch

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MPF switch

Trying to switch MPF to a better investment strategy which was indexing, is it only by posting forms?

Or going to actual branch? The latter is not possible since i am overseas. Is there any online portal to do this or only HSBC provides it?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkandgrow:
    Trying to switch MPF to a better investment strategy which was indexing, is it only by posting forms?

Or going to actual branch? The latter is not possible since i am overseas. Is there any online portal to do this or only HSBC provides it?
    They all provide an online system. Just go to the providers website and sign up. If you haven't kept your records up to date you may have difficulty authenticating your account.
    emx likes this.

Certainly it's possible with Manulife aswell as HSBC. Those two are the only one's I have experience of.

I only could see forms to submit in hsbc. You can register online after you have joined. Not when you are with other company.

am I wrong?

You can do switching online for Prudential and Heng An also.

I only could see forms to submit in hsbc. You can register online after you have joined. Not when you are with other company.

am I wrong?
    Who is your MPF provider? You can only switch in the HSBC app if they are your provider.
    shri likes this.

Currently, in Hang Seng Bank but would like to switch to HSBC,index way.

I saw the MPF platform such as https://mfp.mpfa.org.hk/eng/mpp_list.jsp which you can compare all MPFS.

All the providers are roughly the same. The DIS or, in the case of HSBC, ValueChoice funds are what I would probably choose. Hang Seng offers these funds too since Hang Seng is owned by HSBC.

Not investment advice.

I just realised I used ambiguous English. DIS and ValueChoice are both available on HSBC and Hang Seng. I always choose DIS due to the low fees but this is not investment advice.

am I wrong?
    Ah....I had an HSBC current and savings account already. My HSBC run MPF just appeared automatically in my online access. Maybe if you don't bank with them you will have to fill in a form to set up online access??

edit: I see your MPF is with Hang Seng. If you move to HSBC surely they will provide online access. On the other hand why move? Surely Hang Seng can provide what you need. You can change investments within Hang Seng. As said above all providers are pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Pauljoecoe; 30-01-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast