Like Tree19Likes

St. James's Place (Wealth Management Asia)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by INeedFriends:
    Hi,

Thinking of moving pensions, MPF and even investing into one of their funds. Fees 2-3% which is the biggest concern, but they bank on much higher returns and "expert" money management which helps offset it.

Jay
    I guess if you have solid proof that their returns are that much higher that it makes them more profitable for you even considering their high fees then fine go for it. If not there are other companies that might do aswell for less cost or even better DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I guess if you have solid proof that their returns are that much higher that it makes them more profitable for you even considering their high fees then fine go for it. If not there are other companies that might do aswell for less cost or even better DIY.
    It's easy to demonstrate high returns but they always deliberately show you the good runs.

E.g I dumped 60k into my TVC account last year just before the end of the tax year. That's now worth 110k for close to an 85% return in 10 months. Did I get lucky? Yes. Should I be managing your funds? Probably not. I'm a market maker, not a fund manager.

The St James Place experts / advisors in HK are similarly qualified to TEFL teachers. Most are just out of uni and took a crash course in recommending the highest cost funds. I presume they are also licensed people but it's ridiculously easy to pass the test.
    GentleGeorge and INeedFriends like this.