Like Tree38Likes

HSBC Results

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Time for some snark ... looks like the might get rid of a few fax and telex machines. Telex and fax operators will be redeployed and turned into wealth managers.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Time for some snark ... looks like the might get rid of a few fax and telex machines. Telex and fax operators will be redeployed and turned into wealth managers.
    this has to be a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    this has to be a joke, right?
    Not really. Something something... investment in digital platforms will allow for redeployment of human capital into ... something something.

Something something? That's totally code for fax and telex machines.

1 more interim dividend this year ... no quarterlies this year.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    1 more interim dividend this year ... no quarterlies this year.
    Two dividends a year instead of four is totally fine with me, as long as each one double the amount.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Two dividends a year instead of four is totally fine with me, as long as each one double the amount.
    Two dividends a year is two more than last year.
    snach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    The initial pop in the share price didn't last long - closed only about 0.5% above yesterday's close.
    Typical HSBC...

HSBC London Shr Sinks 2.2%, with Last Price 1.2% Below HK's Closing Price

https://www.aastocks.com/share/news/...7796/?lang=Eng

The pivot to Asia strategy is great if it's under the premise of mutual co-existence between the West and China... would be horrible if a China hawk starts leading the US/UK government. The short term strategy is good and makes sense but long term strat is really up in the air. But no matter what happens I am quite sure HSBC's relevance will not fade away.

Coolboy likes this.

HSBC can use the boost upwards. They fell hard last year.
    Also good news for that ex taxi driver, who is living of dividends. Although I do hope HSBC is not his only source of dividend income.

If you were looking into other banks for income: , Hang Seng HKG:0011 paid less dividend over 2020 than they did in 2019. Pitty because they kept increasing their dividend payouts for 10 years.

Other banks, worth looking into for growing dividends might be Dah Sing HKG:0440 and HKG:2356. (Note: their 2020 Annual Reports are not in yet. )

Coolboy likes this.