Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rpl22

HSBC invest app fee's

Closed Thread

HSBC invest app fee's

Hey all
    Just wanted how to accurately calculate the fee that HSBC is charging. I cant seem to get my excel spreadsheet to mirror my HSBC invest application. I am currently trading Hong Kong stock.

Their website states that they charge a "brokerage fee of 0.25% of transaction amount" for local stocks. As simple as it sounded, by simply adding 0.25% to the transaction amount did not work.

Can anyone enlighten me on how this works?

Thank you

That's a great question. Apart from the bank's brokerage fees, there's government tax/duty (I forgot the term haha).

Also note that, when you're keeping the stock, the bank will charge you a certain amount monthly under the name of "custodian fee" (It's around $25 dollars per month). I hate those unnecessary fees.

Anyways, hope that helps!

Cheers

for each sale/purchase of HK stock transaction there is:
    -brokerage
    -Xact levy
    -ad valorem stamp duty
    -trading fee
    -Xact commission (for purchase only)

every time you complete a sale/purchase of HK stock, on the next day you will have access to a e-advice with all the details and amounts listed. You can access it online via the "view my statement and advices" section

each month there is a custodian fee (HK$ 25)

Aqeel17 likes this.

There's also a minimum fee per trade of $100. I believe it's eventually rebated for buy orders

Does anybody know what are the fees for HSBC Expat (through sharedealing)? On the website I read "Quarterly account fee of £10.50 for the safe custody of your assets". Does this include the custodian fee for all the stocks and etfs?

Does anybody know other fees charged by HSBC expat, e.g. for receiving dividends?

I checked the estatement that HSBC sends. It has no breakdown on the fees that have been incurred.

Can someone with better eyes than me clarify?

Thanks

thanks

@rogergeorge - eStatement or eAdvice?