Like Tree47Likes

Malaysian Property

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I wouldn’t touch Penang. It is like a little get away for the Chinese of South East Asia to retire in. I found the traffic completely unbearable. It also is a very small Malaysian town feel, so unless you are in your retirement, not a good place. Having said this, the satay and local laksa are absolutely divine!!!!

Isn't that what all the buildings are meant for: Chinese retirees moving in from Hebei, Shanxi, Heilongjiang, etc.
    I doubt they care much about the local amenities but more concerned about getting their $$ out of China and escaping the total Chinese environment.

I would be too.

hongkong7 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thank you for your kind words. I ended up on this forum several years ago, when I was searching for information about the Unblock TV set top box. This forum had a very lively discussion about all set top box related topics. We are using Unblock so that my wife can watch Japanese streaming TV. Then I noticed the large forum section about finance and investments, which is an area of interest to me. I'm subscribed to updates in that section, which makes me keep coming back.
    I'm a European but have lived many years in Tokyo, before moving to Penang. So you will see me write sometimes when a topic is about Japan. But I stay out of HK related topics.
    Philips, bdw, TheBrit and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    Thank you for your kind words. I ended up on this forum several years ago, when I was searching for information about the Unblock TV set top box. This forum had a very lively discussion about all set top box related topics. We are using Unblock so that my wife can watch Japanese streaming TV. Then I noticed the large forum section about finance and investments, which is an area of interest to me. I'm subscribed to updates in that section, which makes me keep coming back.
    I'm a European but have lived many years in Tokyo, before moving to Penang. So you will see me write sometimes when a topic is about Japan. But I stay out of HK related topics.
    Yeah unblock!! I've got that for my Japanese wife too, lived in Tokyo a while back, not living in HK now either (although I did for a long time)

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond:
    I wouldn’t touch Penang. It is like a little get away for the Chinese of South East Asia to retire in. I found the traffic completely unbearable. It also is a very small Malaysian town feel, so unless you are in your retirement, not a good place. Having said this, the satay and local laksa are absolutely divine!!!!
    well.. which cities in asia has very bearable traffic if the population density is high ?
    obviously you have a very ideal place to live or retire in, do share...
    Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    well.. which cities in asia has very bearable traffic if the population density is high ?
    obviously you have a very ideal place to live or retire in, do share...
    If you knew me IRL, you would know my thoughts on retirement. I’m just saying having a single lane loop road around an island is worse than driving around a single loop. Oh wait...

and others looking at Penang..

This might be of interest to you.

https://youtu.be/N-DyknmWSa8

Original Post Deleted
    He spends a bit of time talking about Penag in the first 1/3rd of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    A bit of an oxymoron in any country!

We used Dominic Ong, WA +60 16 470 9151

As previously posted there is a glut of the smaller units available, but the high end, super condos, are holding their prices, around the RM1,000 a sq ft.

Copy/paste a chat I had with him.
    This is amazing - thanks.

Apologies for the late reply as work suddenly got very busy for a few days. Will read and catch up on this thread!

Back into full and strict lockdown we go tmr.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...vices-14914314

ndt likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4