Like Tree68Likes

Anybody still got confidence left in china stocks....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Long thread about tech - BABA and Tencent in particular - don't fit the 5 year plan.

https://twitter.com/lillianmli/statu...36597349732352

AsianXpat0, shri and GRRR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Long thread about tech - BABA and Tencent in particular - don't fit the 5 year plan.

https://twitter.com/lillianmli/statu...36597349732352
    Read it and it's interesting. But I could not figure out what the path forward is.. Invest in diaper manufacturers instead of taxi and delivery services?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Read it and it's interesting. But I could not figure out what the path forward is.. Invest in diaper manufacturers instead of taxi and delivery services?
    It's interesting but it doesn't really tell you a whole lot of useful things.

A real attempt to understand a bit.

US comes with a proposal to make big tech companies paying taxes, or more taxes if they actually do it. The market reaction is barely noticeable.

Chinese government comes with a series of regulations that I think, is part of their prerogatives. The market reaction is this.

I heard last week that the famous ETF lady was selling her Chinese stocks as she thought it was time for it. I see an overreaction here but would not put any more money if I had it. It is a long way uphill from here.

Funny to see these different reactions to basically same government actions.

traineeinvestor and snach like this.

Funny to see these different reactions to basically same government actions.
    Fixed it..

Funny to see these different reactions to basically same actions from different governments..

Long is ok, expect extreme terrifying volatility. I still can't figure out why China wants to destroy well run and (relatively) ccp complaint.

CCP is having a melt down about who is in charge...but they are making everyone know the future is red with a giant hammer and sickle flag hanging from every business in CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpigkenny:
    I actually like what CCP has done to an extent. Let them grow big with vague regulations , when they get too big, cut them down a bit.
    ?

Isn't this the normal course for all countries. Businesses innovate and push boundaries while regulators tweak policy while not trying to stifle innovation or enable market hegemony for the select few.

If it is done well their shouldn't be massive surprises or shocks.

Sold 2/3 of my BABA shares 5 months ago. Now able to watch in relative ease. With the proceeds, had held the BABA for 5 years, bought SE shares of equal $$.
    So far so good.

Tencent suspends new user signups for WeChat until early august....

https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...de-2021-07-27/

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Sold 2/3 of my BABA shares 5 months ago. Now able to watch in relative ease. With the proceeds, had held the BABA for 5 years, bought SE shares of equal $$.
    So far so good.
    Good for you - SE has been amazing - Tencent owns 25%.
    snach likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast