Like Tree68Likes

Anybody still got confidence left in china stocks....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Anybody still got confidence left in china stocks....

.... given how lately they seemingly just screw everything . First tech , followed by delivery services , Didi , property developers and now the education sector. Where does this end ?

Confidence in China stocks means confidence in the CCP. Many do, people here I think largely don’t, me included.
    Now, having confidence in Chinese stocks despite having no faith in the CCP - that’s downright delusion.

shri, Tom007, rs4 and 1 others like this.

Makes you wonder why one wants to be an entrepreneur in China?

Yes I have faith that China will do well long term

I think Russia started paying back Tsarist Russian debt bonds after dissolution of USSR

I think a bit of re-evaluation is good. I think the US mega-corps could do with some pruning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Makes you wonder why one wants to be an entrepreneur in China?
    This. Spot on. Beyond the fluctuating stocks, this is the bigger issue. I find it hard to see how China's economy can be cutting edge in terms of innovation if the CCP maintains its hostility to entrepreneurs, at least in the long-term.

Where is the incentive for any would-be entrepreneur to start their own business and come up with some new and original product and/or service if they worry the CCP can clamp down on them from out of the blue.

Seems like CCP is more and more falling back into a command economy mode, and we know how well that went for the Soviet Union (no, it's not a command and control economy yet, it is still state capitalism in China as we speak, but the trend doesn't look good).
    Last edited by Coolboy; 27-07-2021 at 10:07 AM.

For investing probably low confidence. But what they are doing might make a lot of sense for the country. I think they are also sending a strong message to private corporates and investors that the government always supersedes the economy (and by extension the society). We will see in 10-20 years if they made the right decision versus corporate America!

hongkong7 likes this.

We will see in 10-20 years if they made the right decision versus corporate America!
    Evolutionary changes v/s revolutionary changes... (not talking about shareholder revolts..)

I am in agreement with er2 here ... https://geoexpat.com/forum/155/threa...ml#post3815352

From where I stand, almost any asset class that you can think of in China - taxis services, financial services, media, retail, e-commerce, F&B - there are non-Chinese companies with globally diversified risks and balance sheets.

Single country EM plays - India, Malaysia, China (incl HK), Brazil etc etc etc have very significant issues, over single country developed markets. In my uneducated, non-financially savvy view point.
    ndt, spode and TheRoadAhead like this.

I actually like what CCP has done to an extent. Let them grow big with vague regulations , when they get too big, cut them down a bit.

Will it dampen entrepreneurship? I doubt it. The market is massive, and still plenty of opportunities to make a buck.

Baba and Ant etc will be fine. Didi will have their face ripped off as they openly defied the gov.

In the long run, it’s stock positive within their existing framework. I am long China tech currently and suffering, but a lot of folks have forgotten what volatility looks like. Volatility is good in the long run.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast