Like Tree19Likes

Where and how to buy Crypto?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Coinbase?
    OR play AXIE Infinity or Binamars - some earned a lot playing these NFT Games

Binance currently is trying to catch up on regulatory hurdles with regards to KVC requirements. As of mid September all account are required to KYC on level 2 ( proof of address and identity) . I personally would not go with a tiny unknown exchange to be honest as was suggested before especially if liquidity can be an issue. If you have a chance to sign up from abroad try FTX unless you can proof that you have 8 mio HK in investable assets . They are regulated very professional and not as scrutinized as Binance . Other big exchanges are Kraken , Gemini and Coinbase. With regards to wiring money that could become a problem down the road . So far I had no problems via HSBC but I as suggested earlier keep wire under 10k . If you search YouTube for a large crypto channel by the name of Coinbureau you find a fairly recent video by this very informative Channel advising on alternatives if one wants to avoid Binance.

stanleystanley likes this.

(small scale) Crypto meetup HK

Would love to meet up with some (active) crypto traders to discuss news, coins and trade strategies.
    In chat and IRL.
    Feedback, confirmation and different views are useful to create good trades.
    Even newbies welcome to join the group, as long as we can keep the group mixed enough.

Who's interested?

makeITcount and Paxbritannia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by g.heikamp:
    Would love to meet up with some (active) crypto traders to discuss news, coins and trade strategies.
    In chat and IRL.
    Feedback, confirmation and different views are useful to create good trades.
    Even newbies welcome to join the group, as long as we can keep the group mixed enough.

Who's interested?
    I would be.

yes sure, its key to not drift into the cryptoversse bubble though There are plenty of interesting topics that are pressing from potential US SEC regulation to the HK Consultation White Paper and its implications on regulating exchanges. Binance for instance is going to stop derivative trading for HK registered customers even with KYC sometime in October. P2P. Deposit hassles via various HK banks and how to step around those. Then of course what's on everybody's mind is: timing the bull cycle.

jdf21st likes this.

V v interesting double article in FT Weekend mag on crypto (11-12/9/2021).
    #1 focused on Etherium and ConsenSys, on balance generally positive
    #2 focused on how all else crypto is like a cult (although without a single messianic leader, unless you count “Satoshi Nakamoto”) - eg don’t mention FUD or you’ll be pilloried (or v much worse).
    FT Weekend mag v v well written, pleasure to read.

As for profits made, how many times has a mate told you about a big win last night at Happy Valley….? And no mention of how many times they’ve torn up those tickets.

There’s simple reasons why it’s very hard to invest in a bookie, why beloved HKJC is one of Asia’s wealthiest institutions.

Last edited by jdf21st; 21-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdf21st:
    V v interesting double article in FT Weekend mag on crypto (11-12/9/2021).
    #1 focused on Etherium and ConsenSys, on balance generally positive
    #2 focused on how all else crypto is like a cult (although without a single messianic leader, unless you count “Satoshi Nakamoto”) - eg don’t mention FUD or you’ll be pilloried (or v much worse).
    FT Weekend mag v v well written, pleasure to read.

As for profits made, how many times has a mate told you about a big win last night at Happy Valley….? And no mention of how many times they’ve torn up those tickets.

There’s simple reasons why it’s very hard to invest in a bookie, why beloved HKJC is one of Asia’s wealthiest institutions.
    Ive probably put in around $15k usd capital in crypto since 2017 and i have pulled out around $40k in cash. My portfolio is still ranging between $400k and $600k in current value.