Like Tree51Likes

Stablecoins instead of bonds in portfolio

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

I agree with looking into the Fantom ecosystem (whether or not you can afford ETH fees) assuming you think bitcoin isn't about to crash, but just as a heads up, the guy who made that video is a corrupt pump and dump shitbag. Be very wary of him.

He makes some good calls and is in good projects, but also be aware that will happily shill an illiquid 5 million market cap shitcoin to his 20k followers and dump his holdings on the resultant pump just hours later. Look into his hijinks recently with Beluga.

That said, worth paying attention to what he is saying on mid caps as he is very income focused which does go a long way to mitigate the price volatility.

muzzdang likes this.

(His recent game is also to be saying 'X' is the CVX of 'Y' and I know he has been misleading more than once on this front. Not saying he is def wrong, just to not take his word on anything without digging around afterwards. Seriously unethical guy.)

Got it, I have been following FTM on many other fronts and not just listening to this dude. thanks for the heads up

MrSapSap and GentleGeorge like this.

Yeah liquidity flowing to Fantom ahead of Andre and Daniele's new project there. Already seriously regretting selling the likes of Tarot and HND last week, lol

GentleGeorge likes this.

Tbh just being quite long FTM over the last 4 months has been enough of a reward in itself, without any staking hijinks

I did liquidity farm some on one of the DEXes but actually think I would have been better to hold

MrSapSap likes this.

For anyone not following him, @cryptoyieldinfo has for 18 months or so been one of the best guys on twitter to watch closely. Always ahead of the game. Amazing depth of knowledge. So often if you look into his cryptic posts then good things happen a few months later. Would love to know what his system for research is. Space is so vast now I imagine people like him have a small team working for him. Can't see how he does it all himself.... (all this FTM chat got me thinking of him)

Also based in HK I believe, I wonder if anyone here knows him....

https://twitter.com/Cryptoyieldinfo

Last edited by MrSapSap; 13-01-2022 at 10:56 PM.

Not strictly on topic, but read something of potential interest while on my daily rounds of crypto twitter.

For any youths considering career options, experienced (as in, a few years of experience) Solidity devs are regularly commanding salaries of 200-600k USD base at the moment. Plus usually the ability to work totally remotely and often with option for equity/tokens that could realistically retire you with 6-24 months work (and a fair smattering of luck). It also goes a lot higher - I saw Uniswap hiring for a senior solidity dev on 1.2m + tokens (probably huge) + bonus.

Don't even need to go to Uni if you can prove yourself competent... Consider that. An 18 year old (or younger) could forego the expense and opportunity cost of modern tertiary education, teach themselves coding, probably get a moderately well paid job along the way and by the time their peers enter the workforce with their social signaling certificates they could be walking straight into a multi 6 figure gig.

muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSapSap:
    Not strictly on topic, but read something of potential interest while on my daily rounds of crypto twitter.

For any youths considering career options, experienced (as in, a few years of experience) Solidity devs are regularly commanding salaries of 200-600k USD base at the moment. Plus usually the ability to work totally remotely and often with option for equity/tokens that could realistically retire you with 6-24 months work (and a fair smattering of luck). It also goes a lot higher - I saw Uniswap hiring for a senior solidity dev on 1.2m + tokens (probably huge) + bonus.
    Solidity seems to be the flavour of the day due to the stellar success of EVM chains, but with all these new chains and consensuses appearing, are it's days numbered?

Haskel for Cardano, rust for sol - who knows what the end state will be?
    MrSapSap likes this.

How are the resident crypto bulls holding up?

Most brutal day since May 19th 2021 and March 13th (I think) 2020.

Was just watching Maker being minutes away from liquidating someone for 600m. Lucky he manage to top up his collateral at the last second and only 65m was sold. Worryingly, the dutch auction went as low as 2,300 almost 200 below market value. No idea how that works but the lack of buyers right now is frankly pretty scary. Dump is in no sight of slowing down - could we breach ETH 2,000 today?

Then it's all eyes on Nasdaq's open on Monday and FOMC on the 25th. Can Jerome P save our bags? The only (very slightly) positive news is that Alameda's wallet just received around 200m of stables and those guys have a habit of printing the bottom.

Hope you chaps are navigating these turbulent waters with as such success as could be hoped for.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast