Like Tree8Likes

Rivian's IPO & News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I'm personally pretty positive on Tesla not getting killed by VW and Toyota, but of course that doesn't justify the valuation - I'm sure it'll come down to Toyota-esque levels. Which, if I understood last weeks news correctly would mean Musk would get something like the world's largest margin call. That would certainly be interesting.

Original Post Deleted
    You may laugh out loud, but when it suits you you come back to needle people every few weeks because may be that's your thing when it comes to proving yiur point .

Like I said, let us continue this for as long as we can. There may be some intervals where you might look like an idiot and some where you might look like a guru.

Pick a time frame...

Original Post Deleted
    Yep.. Just put down cash into fund that has about 26% of its holdings in Maga. Probably 40% up even after all the drama since November, over March 2020.

Again put timeframe on the bet. Stop pisisng around over 1-2-3 year time windows like an amateur.

Original Post Deleted
    How long a windows do you want to bet on, for the tesla vs vw, tm, F or whatever stock or index?

Topic for another thread...

Long bets on pure EV plays v/s legacy manufacturers - say 10 year window?

and

May be we should also come up with a long bet ... for shits and giggles, pick a say <= 10 tickers (ETFs/stocks etc) and see what happens in 10 years. No changes to allocations etc ... pure total return bet.

Loser buys the winner a butter chicken, garlic naan and 3 beers in the winners country and restaurant of choice.

Long bets style ... I'll assume I'm going to be around in some form online.

https://longbets.org/

I'll start a new thread tomorrow. For the record, this is what I had posted in terms of expectations of the portfolio.

Bits and pieces can compound at 25% but needless to say its not all of the portfolio.

Anyways, since this is for a butter chicken.. let me set something up over the weekend so we can agree to some simple rules and no takebacks.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/155/thread350559-12.html

Rivian’s stock ended the day at $22.78 a share, down nearly 21%, adding to significant losses for the year. Monday’s decline marked the stock’s worst trading day since the company went public through its blockbuster IPO in November. The stock has fallen 78% this year.

CNBC’s David Faber reported Saturday that Ford would sell 8 million of its Rivian shares through Goldman Sachs. The Detroit automaker owned 102 million shares of Rivian. A Ford spokesman declined to comment Monday morning.

Faber on Monday called the sale “done,” saying shares are already being distributed.

JPMorgan Chase also plans to sell a Rivian share block of between 13 million and 15 million for an unknown seller, people familiar with the plans told Faber. Both blocks of stocks are priced at $26.90 a share.
    Rivian stock plummets as Ford unloads 8 million shares of EV start-up

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/09/rivi...ndroidappshare

Original Post Deleted
    If TSLA or any of the magat drops another 10% from last night's close I am in. Directly or through qqq.

Magat looks good for the long term.

Original Post Deleted
    The combination of all five keeps things interesting.

Individually I'd be only interested in Google.
    Last edited by shri; 12-05-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    Will circle back to this.. Time to do boring crap the doctors and wise health professionals tell me I should do - walk a crap load before doing things they tell me not to do.