Like Tree2Likes

Rivian's IPO & News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rivian's IPO & News

Curious if anyone here is eyeing Rivian's IPO.. Been watching and hearing a lot about them due to investments from Amazon and Ford.

Any opinions from the resident diamond hands?

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...88ds1a.htm#toc

Last edited by shri; 10-11-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Probably huge potential with hot money still circulating everywhere looking for a train to ride until the next hype is in, just watch out that it doesn't turn into another Nikola downfall.
    They just need to fake it for long enough to become viable in any case, and even if they provide real quality products, it will be a cash burning machine for years to come. I imagine the IPO will be successful, you just need to flip it fast enough before everyone takes a look at the books by next year.

Well they have actually delivered some cars, but will take time to ramp up production I guess.

I imagine the IPO will be successful, you just need to flip it fast enough before everyone takes a look at the books by next year.
    On the other side, I think what I'm seeing is AMZN going up because of its holdings in RIVN.

Should be interesting to see what happens today between the dip in TSLA and this IPO.

Looks like that IPO didn't go too badly

Yeah.. Had a punt in for 200 shares at 65. Obviously that did not go as planned.

Will hold off for six months or a couple of delivery ramp up, esp to Amazon, announcements.

At this stage nobody cares about ramp up, delays will actually be good news and more losses mean more investments are being made, but need more cash to burn and lots of people with FOMO will be happy to oblige

shri likes this.

Will take a while to fill Amazon's 100k order - they are producing 2 cars per day at the moment...
    I find the stake (20%) a bit puzzling - was it really necessary to get the delivery trucks they need?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41620/...lue-origin-pod

I find the stake (20%) a bit puzzling - was it really necessary to get the delivery trucks they need?
    Or may be it was worth it for the refusal rights over their production?

Very smart move! They seem to not waste money on expensive experiments, like, i.e. building cars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast