Like Tree61Likes

Crypto currencies dismal record of hype followed by wealth destruction

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Tell me the venue please! Or is this a credit card 'points arbitrage'?
    There are promotional events run by various exchanges (Binance, CDC..etc) to promote on-ramps. You need to be on the look-out for these opportunities. Generally, they waive the 3.5% credit card fee and coupled with the cash-back from your card, you can get stable-coins at a great rate.

I have maxed out my credit card a few times in a month to make a quick buck on the effective exchange rate. I was warned by my bank to not do it though or they will penalize me.
    Last edited by Srashes; 09-01-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    pin and GentleGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    There are promotional events run by various exchanges (Binance, CDC..etc) to promote on-ramps. You need to be on the look-out for these opportunities. Generally, they waive the 3.5% credit card fee and coupled with the cash-back from your card, you can get stable-coins at a great rate.

I have maxed out my credit card a few times in a month to make a quick buck on the effective exchange rate. I was warned by my bank to not do it though or they will penalize me.
    Finding quite a few cc companies in HK are blocking such buying. Got any recommendations?

I'm sure this is somewhere - what is the best exchange to buy crypto, for someone who lives in HK and earns HKD? Thinking of fees, ease of use and ability to buy tokens (particularly Solana). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    I'm sure this is somewhere - what is the best exchange to buy crypto, for someone who lives in HK and earns HKD? Thinking of fees, ease of use and ability to buy tokens (particularly Solana). Thanks.
    Binance if you want to do HKD transfers via their P2P and buy crypto with it

A good read - or listen - laying out what is wrong with crypto.

https://tante.cc/2021/12/17/the-third-web/

Nayib Bukele - president of El Hodlador

traineeinvestor likes this.

If the root of all evil is money. If the reason for that is because it distorts communication from quality to quantity, then being able to attach qualitative information to money is a very useful thing. But it seems that the idea has gone a bit wayward:

Just do like Nayib Bukele! Buy the dip and everyone becomes
    a millionaire! Forget about rating downgrades and borrowing costs - screw that when you change everything to bitcoin in your country and it will go from 60000 to 1000000

As nayib says - we DGAF! Ignore anything that makes sense or ignore all about economics and finance - just buy the f***** dip! (I feel sorry for future generations in his country)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast