Like Tree64Likes

Invest in Crypto now or wait til regulation has been sorted out first?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Should we setup another long bet thread?

BTC vs TSLA vs SPY?

(TSLA just to annoy TheBrit - Feel free to throw in a speculative profitable tech Co of your choice...)

Gollygordon likes this.

Another much hyped crypto currency heading towards its real value:

I particularly like this quote "Stablecoins are akin to bank accounts for the crypto economy, offering a sound store of value ..." Yeah, right.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/terra-ust-stablecoin-dives-below-1-peg-luna-cryptocurrency-down-80percent.html

Did BTC always go like bottom - new high - bottom - new high etc? Seems like not the worst investment for those who are able to wait a new high. But it may take years.

If I was going to buy bitcoin, I would look at the 4 previous major crashes since 2014, see that in each case the price drops to around the 200 week moving average, so now the time to buy is when the price drops to USD$20k (currently is $29k). So wait a bit longer, it still has a further 25%-30% to drop before it starts the next cycle.

But I'm not going to buy bitcoin

crypto is at least pretty equal opportunity in giving both the bros and naysayers fair time to gloat perpetual boom bust cycles with each side popping in with the "I told you so's" when it's their side on top

bdw's comment reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    If I was going to buy bitcoin, I would look at the 4 previous major crashes since 2014, see that in each case the price drops to around the 200 week moving average, so now the time to buy is when the price drops to USD$20k (currently is $29k). So wait a bit longer, it still has a further 25%-30% to drop before it starts the next cycle
    Does this look different now that we're back in a non-zero rates world?
    Gollygordon and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Another much hyped crypto currency heading towards its real value:

I particularly like this quote "Stablecoins are akin to bank accounts for the crypto economy, offering a sound store of value ..." Yeah, right.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/terra-ust-stablecoin-dives-below-1-peg-luna-cryptocurrency-down-80percent.html
    UST was destined to go to zero from its inception. Same can't be said of many other stablecoins. Stablecoins aren't to blame for lazy journalism or unethical marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Did BTC always go like bottom - new high - bottom - new high etc? Seems like not the worst investment for those who are able to wait a new high. But it may take years.
    Basically, yes. Massive volatility, massive decade long uptrend.

Doesn't mean it continues forever. Its entire existence has been in an environment of low interest rates, low inflation, everything mega bullmarket. Untested in less forgiving waters.
    Last edited by Gollygordon; 13-05-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwendal:
    crypto is at least pretty equal opportunity in giving both the bros and naysayers fair time to gloat perpetual boom bust cycles with each side popping in with the "I told you so's" when it's their side on top

bdw's comment reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
    Yes both the BTC bulls and bears have the moment in the sun, their time to gloat.

Objectively speaking, bulls have won the argument up until now. Who knows what the argument looks.like ten years from now.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast