Like Tree66Likes

Invest in Crypto now or wait til regulation has been sorted out first?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Invest in Crypto now or wait til regulation has been sorted out first?

I am wondering if I should get in now or wait til after the regulation has been sorted out? Binance P2P does not support CNY and recommend to use Pexpay. Has anyone tried this platform before? Where else can I trade P2P or any recommended platforms?

How much of your total savings / assets do you plan to put into crypto? Do you own any other hyper speculative investments?

MrSapSap likes this.

Listen to Matt Damon. Get in now all the way! Fortune favours the brave!!

https://youtu.be/9hBC5TVdYT8

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ors-brave.html

Quote Originally Posted by freefaller:
    I am wondering if I should get in now or wait til after the regulation has been sorted out? Binance P2P does not support CNY and recommend to use Pexpay. Has anyone tried this platform before? Where else can I trade P2P or any recommended platforms?
    That is an ominous user name for a speculative investment
    jgl, aw451, freefaller and 4 others like this.

You can use localbitcoins.com for P2P, I would just use another payment for Binance.

I recall the contention being exchanges only restricting service to "professional investors", which you would qualify for if you had investable assets above HKD 8,000,000. If you're past that threshold, that's one less thing to worry about.

It probably also depends on your passports and those jurisdictions respective treatment of crypto. I think recently India came out and said it would tax gains on crypto at 30%, but losses could not be deducted.

Personally, I'm dabbling before it gets sorted - on one hand, regulatory clarity could cut both either for or against crypto in HK, but OK riding that given the size of the allocation relative to my portfolio.

freefaller and MrSapSap like this.

Shoulda invested when BTC was at 32k...

Can’t invest in bitcoin only gamble on it

traineeinvestor, aw451 and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    How much of your total savings / assets do you plan to put into crypto? Do you own any other hyper speculative investments?
    Around 2% to 5% of my portfolio. I already have other investments which are more diversified.
    MrSapSap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freefaller:
    Around 2% to 5% of my portfolio. I already have other investments which are more diversified.
    Go for it then. 2-3% is tution costs..

(I don't like the word invest.. For me that involves putting cash to productive use, even it is is speculative. And its not just crypto, but also assets like gold, art, wine etc which are unproductive in an old fashioned way.)
    Last edited by shri; 03-02-2022 at 08:04 AM.
    PetravanderVegt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Go for it then. 2-3% is tution costs..

(I don't like the word invest.. For me that involves putting cash to productive use, even it is is speculative. And its not just crypto, but also assets like gold, art, wine etc which are unproductive in an old fashioned way.)
    Nothing unproductive about wine – it's a solid investment in future drinking.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast