Like Tree27Likes

Borrow to invest

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What happens when he leaves his job? Does he still keep the preferential rates? As far as I’m aware, most banks offer preferential rates to employees as long as they work at the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:
    What is bogus here? It's a loan from a company to an employee - what do market rate mortgages have to do with anything?

As an aside, a friend of mine is relatively senior at a major bank in HK and gets a 0% loan/mortgage as one of the perks of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    That's great. Instead of taking out a mortgage though he should instead buy a load of Dogecoins.
    What are you even talking about? It's apparent that you are a crypto sceptic - all well and good, but surely completely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    What happens when he leaves his job? Does he still keep the preferential rates? As far as I’m aware, most banks offer preferential rates to employees as long as they work at the bank.
    No idea tbh - I suspect that yes she'd be transferred to an arm's length agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:
    What is bogus here? It's a loan from a company to an employee - what do market rate mortgages have to do with anything?

As an aside, a friend of mine is relatively senior at a major bank in HK and gets a 0% loan/mortgage as one of the perks of the job.

That's a perk I'd love to have!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just borrowed HK$2m for 5 years from HSBC HK a few weeks ago, APR 1.65%. If you can get 1% then thats awesome, I can only get that low when I borrow Japanese Yen or Euro but not other currencies.
    Is this an interest-only loan or do you have to pay back principal and interest?

Quote Originally Posted by GRRR:
    Is this an interest-only loan or do you have to pay back principal and interest?
    Principal and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    If I understood correctly he is getting the loan from his employer hence the cheap rate, usually it comes with this kind of rules.
    Also known as golden handcuffs in some banks.
    Sith likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4