Like Tree34Likes

Time to invest in Hang Seng Index

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hang Seng Tech index +20% in one day, one of the craziest markets I ever experienced. Probably only 2008 beats this..

ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Truly unerring timing!
    Haha. Haven’t gotten rid of tencent yet. Maybe offloading 15 percent a day to mitigate this terrible feeling of threading the needle and being perfectly wrong. Capitulate a little earlier, more money. Hold a little longer, more money. Sell when I sold? Maximum pain.

How about trying NOTHING!!

All the fundamentals are still terrible for the tech stocks. I'm calling this as the mother of all dead cat bounces.

Any evidence that the market is being manipulated by Beijing?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    All the fundamentals are still terrible for the tech stocks. I'm calling this as the mother of all dead cat bounces.

Think so too.. for the HK listed tech stocks.. most are money bleeding and Xdd already said he doesn't like these guys to grow excessively and monopolize the area.. unlike US of A where lobbying and court works, in China those doesn't work when the big boss says no..

Anyway i remembered being taught that if one day the index or the market bounces like 10%, its more likely to be an oversold bounce then a real turn. So I did went into one old time stock that I thought would benefit from the current situation and the Russian sanction.. but it bounced >10% today also so decided to sell them and book the profit.
    shri, aw451 and AsianXpat0 like this.

Nothing has changed significantly over the last week other than price/sentiment dropped, which affects traders/ technical traders. Lets recap, is Beijing cracking down on big tech monopoly? Yes, Is Russia going to beat up Ukraine and mess up Europe? Yes. PRC stocks has been high to start with (PE 30 and above) hence significant drop is not surprising

So Keep Calm and catch the falling knife

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Any evidence that the market is being manipulated by Beijing?
    Beijing is the market.

9% up today !

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    Nothing has changed significantly over the last week other than price/sentiment dropped, which affects traders/ technical traders. Lets recap, is Beijing cracking down on big tech monopoly? Yes, Is Russia going to beat up Ukraine and mess up Europe? Yes. PRC stocks has been high to start with (PE 30 and above) hence significant drop is not surprising

So Keep Calm and catch the falling knife
    More interested in the very significant jump today