Long Bet: Tesla - Bulls vs Bears

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Tesla Net Profit Margin: 15.16%
    Ford Net Profit Margin: 2.93%
    Toyota Net Profit Margin: 7.46%
    BYD Net Profit Margin: 4.68%

Original Post Deleted
    BYD and Ford better converge to Toyota.

I know you love going necro on dead horses… but I do think you should stop looking at this every day.

ok... what's is your point then?
    Profitable business faces competition?
    Doesn't that apply to every free market?

Any insights from your investment wisdom?

How long will it take to converge? Given the recent price cuts what does it represent in net profit margin downgrade? Is the company still ahead of industry peers?

I know you are afraid of fundamental figures.
    So here's a site for you to paint pictures: Tesla Net Profit Margin 2010-2022 | TSLA | MacroTrends

But the price cuts appear to be quickly eating into those margins. In the first quarter, the gross margin that measures the profitability of Tesla’s auto business, excluding revenue from selling clean-energy credits, was 19 percent, down from nearly 27 percent for all of 2022.

The average selling price for Tesla’s vehicles in the first quarter of this year was nearly $46,000, down from $51,400 in the last quarter of 2022. But despite that 11 percent decline, Tesla’s vehicle deliveries were only 4 percent higher.

In its financial presentation on Wednesday, Tesla said that its margins had declined at “a manageable rate” and that it expected “ongoing cost reduction of our vehicles.”

Tesla’s adjusted per-share profits of 85 cents were in line with the expectations of Wall Street analysts, and its stock was down 4 percent in extended trading on Wednesday. Tesla’s shares are up nearly 50 percent this year but still down 56 percent from their high, reached in 2021.
    Next price check in mid June ..

Spirited debate here .. without all the name calling and cock waving..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7eX...zNugq5U-w&dd=1

https://twitter.com/Benshoote...09594922352641

Tesla CC thread Lol elon expects the cars to go up in value over time due to autonomy (robotaxis that makes money while you sleep throwback) The same promise he made in 2019, that was supposed to be fulfilled in 2020

So operating margin now 11.4%, not bad I have to say. I mean interest rate levels are crazy high, to use leasing/debt to finance a car is a whole different calculus compared to only 6 months ago in Europe. I think Tesla is holding up better than expected, also the share price is in aftermarket indicated at 169 USD. That is still up 70% from lows recently seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    So operating margin now 11.4%, not bad I have to say. I mean interest rate levels are crazy high, to use leasing/debt to finance a car is a whole different calculus compared to only 6 months ago in Europe. I think Tesla is holding up better than expected, also the share price is in aftermarket indicated at 169 USD. That is still up 70% from lows recently seen.
    Down 6% in after hours to the 169 you quote and down 50% from its 52 week high.

Glass half full, glass half empty.

Original Post Deleted
    I am actually quite keen to see what the relative figures are like for the auto index and also the 5-7 traditional and international automakers at the end of results this quarter. That and forward eps.

Some screamer in cnbc was mentioning that Ford is losing money in every ev sales.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast