Like Tree18Likes

May Interest Rate Hikes & Stocks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Philips:
    It doesn't need to be a genius to know that Tesla was (and still is) grossly overvalued. Isn't insurance for Tesla cars super expensive? Why? Because it's actually a not very good car. And all other manufacturers are also producing electric cars, and more so in the future.
    Tesla's P/E ratio is still at 99 while Toyota is at 9.25. It doesn't need to be a genius to figure out that Tesla should drop by another 80%.
    Captain Hindsite, did you short tesla? Care to buy some put up to your 80% prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:
    Europeans and Brits hoarding dollars have seen their purchasing power go up over the last year despite inflation rates bordering on calamitous.
    It depends on how they got their $$.
    In many countries banks don’t offer multi currency accounts, neither are there money changers.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Captain Hindsite, did you short tesla? Care to buy some put up to your 80% prediction?
    Actually I did short tesla a little bit but was always fearful of the bros bidding it up again. I said this on another thread... Musk has done the world a great service by disrupting the market enough and proving that electric is a workable near term future... proper carmarkers are on board and the Models S and X (which AFAIK have no comprehensive replacements in the works) are no longer class leaders. The 3 and Y are still probably market leading at their price, but the Koreans and Germans and others are coming up fast and know how to build a car properly. Some of those Chinese cars are probably OK too and cheaper. I hope Musk cashes out fast enough to get us to Mars.
    Philips likes this.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Shorting is a very dangerous game, so no. I haven't shorted it. As I believe Graham (and many others) said, stocks can be overvalued for a very long time. But anybody can see that a car manufacturer with a P/E of 99 is grossly overvalued.

Musk has done good for electric cars, and space research, and many things, but he is also full of hot air. Tomorrow he can tweet "driving a Tesla cures cancer and makes you dick grow by 10%", and Tesla stock might raise by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips:
    Shorting is a very dangerous game, so no. I haven't shorted it. As I believe Graham (and many others) said, stocks can be overvalued for a very long time. But anybody can see that a car manufacturer with a P/E of 99 is grossly overvalued.

Musk has done good for electric cars, and space research, and many things, but he is also full of hot air. Tomorrow he can tweet "driving a Tesla cures cancer and makes you dick grow by 10%", and Tesla stock might raise by 20%.
    Lol. so your comment for dropping 80% is just random assumption? I am not doubting the possibility, I just dont speculate that and wont be putting my money there.

Value, especially today, has lost all meaning. Textbook valuation should be thrown out. Its all about hype and panic buy/sell. This applies to crypto (look at it finally coming down.. a bit), real estate across the globe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    I hope Musk cashes out fast enough to get us to Mars.
    Yea. You should tweet that to Musk. Genius billionaire needs to take some notes from some average online joe.

Yea. You should tweet that to Musk. Genius billionaire needs to take some notes from some average online joe.
    Thanks for utterly missing the point. You seriously think money has any meaning to Musk at this point? Of course not, so no advice needed there. It's all a means to an end... space mainly, maybe free speech if he doesn't get bored of the inevitable controversy around how he moderates or doesn't moderate the platform.

His genius/tenacity/ridiculousness is being indulged by an army of people willing to back him with free money from their governments, central banks, and other asset bubbles but that's unlikely to go on forever. Especially if he really goes down a rabbit hole with something even more impossible than what he's done so far. Like building a base on Mars.

Understand now? Or still hurting from the TSLA losses when you piled in at the peak?
    Philips likes this.

In handful of months since I got my mortgage, I would have lost 20% of my purchasing power if I wanted to keep my monthly payment the same if buying a house today. The speed at which interest rates have shot up is enough to induce whiplash. So as the value of my equities take a beating, the cost of financing my house looks better and better in addition to the value of the house going up. In a Yin-Yang world.

shri likes this.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Lol. so your comment for dropping 80% is just random assumption? I am not doubting the possibility, I just dont speculate that and wont be putting my money there.

Value, especially today, has lost all meaning. Textbook valuation should be thrown out. Its all about hype and panic buy/sell. This applies to crypto (look at it finally coming down.. a bit), real estate across the globe, etc.
    It's not a random assumption. It's an accurate calculation of the value of a car company.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Thanks for utterly missing the point. You seriously think money has any meaning to Musk at this point? Of course not, so no advice needed there. It's all a means to an end... space mainly, maybe free speech if he doesn't get bored of the inevitable controversy around how he moderates or doesn't moderate the platform.

His genius/tenacity/ridiculousness is being indulged by an army of people willing to back him with free money from their governments, central banks, and other asset bubbles but that's unlikely to go on forever. Especially if he really goes down a rabbit hole with something even more impossible than what he's done so far. Like building a base on Mars.

Understand now? Or still hurting from the TSLA losses when you piled in at the peak?
    lol I never bought TSLA. I bought BABA. Which was the real mistake lol.

Id be happy to read your comments more if you can backup your comments with your portfolio performances or put your money where your mouth is.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast