• 4 Post By traineeinvestor
  • 3 Post By Giggsy
  • 3 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By NTCP88

Prenetics (HK) Starts Trading on Nasdaq

Closed Thread

Prenetics (HK) Starts Trading on Nasdaq

Was not aware of this happening over the last couple of days.

More here:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Hea...wave-to-Nasdaq

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 1.47.22 PM.png
Views: 1236
Size:  64.8 KB

They ran a fairly substantial loss during the height of the Covid pandemic and forecast that they will not be profitable until 2026 - four years from now.

Not sure if I'd want to go near this one.

Hkemail888, ramelec, aw451 and 1 others like this.

Its a SPAC.

Meaning its a horrible piece of shite that couldnt go the traditional IPO route.

Its also headed up by a property developers scion, who has zero experience in creating value in this area or in the capital markets.

This is simply just a cash grab as they try to make money on what is not a very good business.

Hkemail888, ramelec and aw451 like this.

If they can't make money with a monopoly on airport testing what hope do they have in the future?

Hkemail888, Giggsy and aw451 like this.

They called me last year for an executive role... One of the weirdest job interviews I had. Their talent acquisition manager was quite young, and could easily tell she had not much experience, especially not in healthcare. I hung up right in the middle of one her questions...

I work in healthcare, but I don't see Prenetics as a Healthcare/MedTech company. Wouldn't touch this either. As someone else said, if they can't make $ with a monopoly at the airport, future doesn't look bright...

BCD and Giggsy like this.

Just wait till they release their monkeypox test kit.

aw451 and NTCP88 like this.

Lol, just meant to write: Finally after 2 years pandemic somebody in HK is benefiting from it. But then read their financials....