Like Tree76Likes

One for the crypto haters

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

One for the crypto haters

95% chance this is BS.

But on the off chance it is true, it will be the greatest purge to ever hit the crypto community. Those active on crypto Twitter will know just how dirty a lot of the 'connected' people in this space are....

http://https://twitter.com/adyingnob...PsG9fhQ9g&s=19

Thinking more about this. I'm in a number of crypto chats myself. The stats:

Rugpulls - 0
    Orgies on planes - 0
    Assassinations - 0

Feel like I haven't been doing it quite right now. Perhaps it's because we use Discord.

Here is the link for anyone who can't access that. https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss24a6

Smells like buuuuuullllshit to me. Hacking Telegram and spying on private group conversations. Don't think so.

Those active on crypto Twitter will know just how dirty a lot of the 'connected' people in this space are....
    Yeah, you don't need to be active on crypto Twitter to know that!!!

It most likely is bullshit. I was also under the impression that Telegram was more or less unhackable.

But for sure there will be a lot of dirty buggers scrambling on the offchance there is some truth here. Rather than a hack there is always the possibility this is someone 'in the know' who is spilling the beans for personal reasons. Terminal illness as is suggested would be a good one.

I like that there is a delay before the first info is released. Keeps people sweating if it is all a ruse haha.

e135846e2594f4ddb45abee1e27c8521329e440b9af77891a2 9ae54f8cd71bbc - 137.21GB .7zip titled "CTGHistory"
    Password will be provided and all messages on June 15th, 30th and July 7th will be available through a signed transaction at the following address: 0xdC56BCccf3fa51687f339E2425E9Bc1a2acB42Ee
    Is this supposed to be a magnet link or IPFS hash?

As much as I think this is BS it would be interesting to see how the actual file is distributed rather than just how this person claims they will distribute the password.

130GB of rickrolling anyone?

SirNotAppearing likes this.

I'm not sure that the term 'hater' is really appropriate here.

Cryptocurrencies have, as far as I have been able to tell, offered close to zero benefit to any society. The only groups I have come across promoting the either do it for ideological reasons (a very, very small minority), or for reasons purely of personal gain- the much larger majority, who treat it almost purely as a speculative gamble and seem to want others to enter in order to improve their odds of the gamble paying off.

It's still largely useless as a medium of exchange. The fundamental design of the best known one, Bitcoin in particular will guarantee that it's useless for consumer use (look at El Salvador).

On the other hand, it is massively computationally expensive- just Bitcoin by itself is more polluting than the entire country of Malaysia.

Should not the onus be on those who continually promote the idea of cryptocurrencies to demonstrate that there is significant social utility behind this idea, rather than simply calling sceptics 'haters'?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    The only groups I have come across promoting the either do it for ideological reasons (a very, very small minority), or for reasons purely of personal gain- the much larger majority, who treat it almost purely as a speculative gamble and seem to want others to enter in order to improve their odds of the gamble paying off.
    You're forgetting a nice cross section of the criminal underworld who suddenly is able to run extortion schemes without the risk that was traditionally involved with handing over money. I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen way more kidnappings of wealthy folks' offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    You're forgetting a nice cross section of the criminal underworld who suddenly is able to run extortion schemes without the risk that was traditionally involved with handing over money. I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen way more kidnappings of wealthy folks' offspring.
    I had honestly forgotten about that when I wrote yesterday.

I'm just thinking of the concurrent gun thread. This title is a bit like dismissively calling people who are appalled at shooting violence 'gun haters,' only that guns... seem to have a more important utility value than cryptocurrencies.

Admittedly, I have not kept up on any of this crypto stuff in recent years. , I would welcome correction if I am mistaken and that it does somehow significantly improve things for people outside of either pure speculation, or criminal activity.

"Haters" is indicative of the juvenile crypto bro mentality that is seen across the community.

Yet another reason to steer clear,

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast