Like Tree44Likes

June 2022 - Stocks, Crypto & Interest Rates

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Your bottom chart is wrong too

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Your top chart is wrong. 10 year JGB yields are 0.25% and capped there by BOJ unlimited buying operations.
    Yeah that was my understanding and hence my surprise at this chart. Fair enough if it is not accurate. Don't know much about Japan tbh but I keep seeing articles like the below which are stressing me out lol.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rate...et-2022-06-16/

How is the accuracy of this one (genuinely)?

For a country that doesn't have a lot of room to raise rates, looks pretty scary if CPI should follow PPI as one would expect...

Name:  japan inflation.png
Views: 131
Size:  163.8 KB

There is a good reason shorting JGB’s has been know as the widow maker trade for as long as I can remember, long before the BOJ got involved in QE.

Gollygordon likes this.

Bros are spooked?

Name:  IMG_20220619_050830.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  167.6 KB

qhank likes this.

Hope people took some profits..

Gollygordon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Bros are spooked?

Name:  IMG_20220619_050830.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  167.6 KB
    Crypto markets currently experiencing what 2008 would have been like without the taps being turned on.

UST collapse leading to liquidations, bad debt and massive unwinding of leverage. Capitulation from stragglers as psychological barrier of 20k conclusively broken after a few attempts.

150k ETH (circa 150m USD worth going to be liquidated onchain in price drops another $30 or so unless a certain large borrower closes out their Aave loan or tops up his collateral.

Legit scariest and most extreme days after the scariest month I've ever seen in crypto. Friend of mine is down over 6m USD since April on a single position on a coin you guys haven't ever heard of. Yikes...

Bit of sentiment analysis

Name:  fear.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  147.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:

Legit scariest and most extreme days after the scariest month I've ever seen in crypto. Friend of mine is down over 6m USD since April on a single position on a coin you guys haven't ever heard of. Yikes...
    You didn’t tell him having 6 million dollars “invested” in a coin likely worth zero was “brave”?

He made the mistake of locking it away until September so has had to helplessly watch as it has bled out. I am not too worried about him, as without knowing all the details, he has clearly had a pretty good few years.

If my maths is correct, his position is currently worth about 200k. Down from a high of 6.3m but remarkably still up 10x from where he bought. Wonder if he will break even when he can access his funds in September.

TheBrit likes this.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast