Like Tree25Likes

Revisiting Hong Kong Reits

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Probably due to interest rates and potential recession?

I actually see Link's collection of local no-frills shopping centres as fairly inflation resistant, I have bought the dip!
    HappyHong likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    No clue. Have not followed hk stocks lately.
    HappyHong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Probably due to interest rates and potential recession?

I actually see Link's collection of local no-frills shopping centres as fairly inflation resistant, I have bought the dip!
    On a side note, inflation has been persistently low and stable over last couple decades which co-incides with Link's birth and growth period, large portion of Link's portfolio has been disproportionately tied up to that important keyword in your post 'No-FRILLS' shopping mall, where they know sooner or later there will be a limit to increase rent hence desparately diversifying out of HK in last couple of years..

IMO high inflation is not a good sign for Link type of portfolio where people in public estates are already hurting with other general price incerase and we havent even started talking about elephant in the room 'Political angle', there was already direct pressure and moral/ethical policing from Govt couple of years ago when inflation was mild, hard to imagine what kind of pressure our new policeman would possibly put in high inflation bloodbath envrionment for those loyal supporters living in estates, water seems too much muddy to me..
    Last edited by ndt; 05-07-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    The govt sold the properties... And then it was problematic because the new owners were running it as a business and did not give two fucks about kowtowing to the dumbarses that sold it...

If it's that important to them they can buy the properties back at market rates.
    traineeinvestor and HappyHong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The govt sold the properties... And then it was problematic because the new owners were running it as a business and did not give two fucks about kowtowing to the dumbarses that sold it...
    Dangerous way to do business, medium term.

There is such a thing as too big to succeed (Cathay seems to fit that bill too!)

How much did you buy and are you buying more?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I am indeed! Definitely part of my satellites strategy and happy to add more when it is yielding ~6% pa

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I am indeed! Definitely part of my satellites strategy and happy to add more when it is yielding ~6% pa
    Did not think you were a yield chaser in HK equities.. So on the whole you are a two thumbs up guy for the macro outlook of HK property developers?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    And also curiously you seem to be looking for some sort of reinforcement to buy into HK?