Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By shri

DBS Treasures

Closed Thread

DBS Treasures

Out of the blue they have decided to upgrade me to Treasures with a lifetime fee waiver even though I never met the minimum balance threshold. Must be desperate for customers - I assume this is their answer to HSBC Premier / SC Priority / Citigold etc. What's it like?

pin likes this.

Out of curiosity, is this DBS in HK or SG?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Out of the blue they have decided to upgrade me to Treasures with a lifetime fee waiver even though I never met the minimum balance threshold. Must be desperate for customers - I assume this is their answer to HSBC Premier / SC Priority / Citigold etc. What's it like?
    Pretty much yes.

I had it for a few years, just closed my accounts. One big benefit is ability to trade shares in several markets, however their fees are high compared to other options. They do offer cheap(ish) margin facilities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Pretty much yes.

I had it for a few years, just closed my accounts. One big benefit is ability to trade shares in several markets, however their fees are high compared to other options. They do offer cheap(ish) margin facilities as well.
    I was curious about that to compare to IB loans - but all I could see was a "secured lending facility" and it was only against time deposits or FX deposits, supposedly suspending the service for other collateral forms (presumably shares mostly) from 2019 onwards which I found strange.

I was curious about that to compare to IB loans - but all I could see was a "secured lending facility" and it was only against time deposits or FX deposits, supposedly suspending the service for other collateral forms (presumably shares mostly) from 2019 onwards which I found strange.
    Nope, they offer margin facilities. I had that facility earlier this year. Was secured against my shares. Suggest you give your RM a call.
    shri likes this.

pin likes this.

Thanks, useful to know though not sure if it will be any better than IB?

They're a bank .. not a broker. Treasures is their equivalent of Premier or Priority ..

I think for a period their rates for the margin account were better than IB. I don't know if that's the case now.