Like Tree195Likes

FTX and Biance

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Finally, UK pension fund to rescue 'FTX and Binance', not a bad idea after all..

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Finally, UK pension fund to rescue 'FTX and Binance', not a bad idea after all..
    Or at least spice up this discussion

You know repeating that over and over isn't going to get you the happy ending you want, which is getting me to say what I pointed out was wrong. I don't even know why you have any issue with this, you don't see me harrassing you to admit you were wrong. I haven't engaged or done anything to you from beginning to end. The only person behaving like a dick in that thread, complete unwarranted hostility calling ppl idiot and stupid was you. And none of the recipients of that bothered to give you any grief abt it, we all just went our merry way, fully understanding this be online forum situation. I seriously don't understand why you would feel aggrieved at all.

Sith and SirNotAppearing like this.

Makes Pets.com look like the pinnacle of sound business planning.

He seems to be getting surprisingly good press for someone who apparently stole billions of dollars from his customers?
    shri and qhank like this.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ok-11669295184

Isn't the summit in New York, I wonder how the FBI feels about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ok-11669295184

Isn't the summit in New York, I wonder how the FBI feels about that.
    Good opportunity to invite him for tea and biscuits.

Probably done via video anyways ...

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    He seems to be getting surprisingly good press for someone who apparently stole billions of dollars from his customers?
    I'm not really prone to conspiracy theory, but the press he has been getting from the NYT etc has been beyond explanation if we discount the possibility the narrative is being deliberately whitewashed. His crime makes him one of worst (the worst?) financial criminals of all time, yet the likes of WSJ/NYT etc paint it more as a well intentioned guy whose altruistic aims have unfortunately been thwarted.

If the narrative isn't being deliberately manipulated I could only conclude gross incompetence, but does that make any sense if the editorial stance across all major left wing news sources appears to near identical? Are we to suppose it is just a coincidence and that his enormous donations to left wing politicians and contacts in the upper echelons of US society are not a factor?

If you ever needed (another) prompt to turn off mainstream news, this is it. They are liars, they are cynics and they are intentionally manipulating you.
    Elefant&Castle likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast