Like Tree195Likes

FTX and Biance

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Wait. I just took the time to read the article, and now I'm questioning whether SirNotAppearing did.

Because my read of it is that it is saying that a large number of mainstream news stations are being explicitly coordinated with scripted narratives designed to push a specific right wing agenda.

Which is exactly what the clip I shared was clearly suggesting, and is exactly why I shared it and is exactly what I found 'chilling'....?

An apology would be great, , though I won't hold my breath on that one.

GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    If it was sufficiently dubious to require such a qualification in the first place, then perhaps it should not have been posted without verification, in the first place.

This is too similar to the far right "just asking questions" tactic- it opens the doors wide to all sorts of tomfoolery.
    You can apologise as well sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollygordon:
    Wait. I just took the time to read the article, and now I'm questioning whether SirNotAppearing did.

Because my read of it is that it is saying that a large number of mainstream news stations are being explicitly coordinated with scripted narratives designed to push a specific right wing agenda.

Which is exactly what the clip I shared was clearly suggesting, and is exactly why I shared it and is exactly what I found 'chilling'....?

An apology would be great, , though I won't hold my breath on that one.
    Read it again.

Ok. I just read it again.

I'm really wondering if I'm crazy now - again, it seems to be saying that Sinclair Group are scripting narratives for right wing stations to repeat in order to reinforce their narrative that other news sources are propagating fake news.

Which is literally what the video I posted is saying (as is mentioned in the article) and is why I posted it.

Am I going insane? What am I missing? That's three or four people now who have said I'm wrong and I'm very open to potentially that being the case... I've had a long night and am tired. Perhaps I'm misreading. Could someone pls clarify?

Original Post Deleted
    I find there to be a strong correlation with outright rejection of crypto and a tendency towards ponderous, banal, blunt propagation of the accepted middle ground. Happy to concede that crypto attracts a fair number of crack pots but the militant 'say no to crypto' is (as a collective) hardly an aspirational group.
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Fair play sir, thanks for confirming. I did explicitly say I didn't know whether it was real.
    Sure, but it took me all of 20 seconds to google about it and learn it was fake (and old). Not a big dent out of my day. Anyone can do it.

I'm really wondering if I'm crazy now - again, it seems to be saying that Sinclair Group are scripting narratives for right wing stations to repeat in order to reinforce their narrative that other news sources are propagating fake news.

Which is literally what the video I posted is saying (as is mentioned in the article) and is why I posted it.

Am I going insane? What am I missing? That's three or four people now who have said I'm wrong and I'm very open to potentially that being the case... I've had a long night and am tired. Perhaps I'm misreading. Could someone pls clarify?
    https://youtu.be/tN9KAFn1hy8
    shri likes this.

You're not crazy or insane. The media map in the US is a complex web off affiliates owned by companies no one has heard of (Sinclair Group?). When Sinclair put the "Democracy in danger" piece together they ran it with their parent affiliate logos, so it appeared to be issued from ABC, CBS, and FOX.... in short MSM when in fact MSM had no part in the simultaneous, Orwellian news reading.

This is the part you're not understanding. MSM is a misnomer here. These anchors reading the message are all employed by Sinclair Media Group and are affiliates of CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC (to cut to national news when needed). Sinclair's CEO poison penned this op-ed and sent it to the local news anchors to read on air (forced them to is more like it), then recorded them added the affiliate logos and made this montage to give the appearance MSM was all reading from the same script when it was actually one right wing media group's op-ed filmed and scored for the intended purpose of.making it look like all MSM was in collusion. Sinclair covers 40% of American households. It was attempting to merge with Tribune Media, which would have given then a 70% share of local markets. FCC shut that potential monopoly play down in 2018. Apologies not required.
    shri, hullexile and TheBrit like this.

https://youtu.be/0rL35_WV3lE

Bit of context with my YB link. It's from coffeezilla. He discects an interview SBF gave recently and basically says that SBF is either not telling the truth or has a warped sense of his reality (or both).

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast