Like Tree75Likes

HK Property Down 11% YOY

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Lol. Bro, you sound like the gov.

If you understand the general public, many people are working extremely hard to try fulfill just their basic needs of a home. Many waited years or decades for Public housing or HOS. All investments comes with risk. But you cant call this particular group "gambling". 30-40% down payment savings was out of reach for many people while they are paying rent and property pricing was growing faster than their savings.
    Lol if you have understood local market and policies well, what i am saying is exactly opposite of what Govt sounds/wants, think about who wants to make whom mortgage slave for life..

Anyway your sympathatic hyperbole proves my point, thats exactly what FOMO is.. If you missed out on something doesnt mean you buy anything at any price and more importantly at any amount of leverage thinking all investment comes with the risk.. Ask yourself 5 times, why is it necessary to buy if it is too risky? Take out capital appreciation gamble (Yes thats what all these FOMO buyers with recency bias have in mind ) out of equation and count savings in 5-10yrs by buying compared to rent and factor in job security, unforseen emergency etc and see if its worth buying at high leverage!!! Not rocket science and as they say sentiment has no value if someone wants to hit axe on own leg..
    TheBrit and Gollygordon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Lol if you have understood local market and policies well, what i am saying is exactly opposite of what Govt sounds/wants, think about who wants to make whom mortgage slave for life..

Anyway your sympathatic hyperbole proves my point, thats exactly what FOMO is.. If you missed out on something doesnt mean you buy anything at any price and more importantly at any amount of leverage thinking all investment comes with the risk.. Ask yourself 5 times, why is it necessary to buy if it is too risky? Take out capital appreciation gamble (Yes thats what all these FOMO buyers with recency bias have in mind ) out of equation and count savings in 5-10yrs by buying compared to rent and factor in job security, unforseen emergency etc and see if its worth buying at high leverage!!! Not rocket science and as they say sentiment has no value if someone wants to hit axe on own leg..
    Come on, you are arguing with a guy who thinks the real estate agencies are selectively disclosing sales prices in order to manipulate sentiment..... this is not someone you can have a rational discussion with!
    ndt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Come on, you are arguing with a guy who thinks the real estate agencies are selectively disclosing sales prices in order to manipulate sentiment..... this is not someone you can have a rational discussion with!
    Lol. Why are you butt hurt over the fact I am actually doing research and I factually shared there are discrepancies. Its not a conspiracy, I am just having issues consolidating a full picture of the market.

Im not arguing over the rationale behind their decisions lol. Agreed FOMO is probably one of the biggest reasons they jumped the gun. just stating my sympathy and you are free to be dbag.

On that note i call Fed pivot before Jul-23 and 2-3% interest rate by Oct-23, anybody!!
    4%ish in 2023 ... they need to first slow the rate of increase, then stop before they even consider lowering...

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Lol. Why are you butt hurt over the fact I am actually doing research and I factually shared there are discrepancies. Its not a conspiracy, I am just having issues consolidating a full picture of the market.
    It sounds much more like the fact you don't like the prices and are unable to accept them, so fashioned some tinfoil hat nonsense about selectively picking prices. Others can make their own judgements on whether you are delusional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    It sounds much more like the fact you don't like the prices and are unable to accept them, so fashioned some tinfoil hat nonsense about selectively picking prices. Others can make their own judgements on whether you are delusional or not.
    I dont like the prices. What does that have to do with my study? I found legit discrepancies from news sources and transaction records. In addition, I found transaction records removed from Centaline after it was posted. I didnt screen cap it, so I cant back this up. But it is what I discovered. Tinfoil hat? sure.

I think its abit tricky to evaluate the full finances with an emotional local dwellers that think if they don't buy a house now they will never be able to afford one and forever renting a place to live.. etc.etc..

There are obviously alot of fallacies spread by agents and speculators that don't understand that interest paid to bank is just a cost and does not contribute to the mortgage principle payment.. but still, that's how alot of Asians are brought up. Speak to many chinese and indian descents and all seem to hold similar views.

And unfortunately the last 10-20 years have proven most of these people right factually and when results are in their favor it makes most of them even more stubborn headed.. then we can only wait and see if it goes back to norms.
    Gollygordon likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9