Buying and selling stocks

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

nice... reviving an old thread again!!!

so, im an american looking to buy on HK exchange...is it wise for me to use boom.com or better to go with HangSeng?

citibank will not do this for me....losers

I went to HangSeng and asked about opening one of their integrated accounts that can hold different kind of currencies, they turned me down as I am a non resident of HK. Without one of those integrated accounts, you cannot buy any securities and stocks.

i am a resident on work visa here....

so i can buy...just not sure what the best way to do so is....

called boom and they said im good for everything except IPO. How can i apply for HK IPO...as that is what i want most.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    i am a resident on work visa here....

so i can buy...just not sure what the best way to do so is....

called boom and they said im good for everything except IPO. How can i apply for HK IPO...as that is what i want most.
    Umm, actually you may not be permitted to buy. Basically if the offering is not registered in the US and your proposed purchase does not qualify for an exemption (and I'm assuming you don't), US securities laws are violated if you purchase stock (say in a HK IPO) that is not registered in the US.

With boom.com can you trade commodities?

Hi all,

I would suggest opening a PowerVantage account with the HSBC, not only does it give the option to have multi-currency accounts but also allows you to buy stocks and shares inc IPO's.

I do not have a HK ID card, am a Brit with an English passport and got an account no problem, so hopefully it will be the same for you.

Also PowerVantage accounts can be managed over the internet so added bonus, inc features like buying IPO's and selling multi currencies.

Hope this helps.

Carmen

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Carmen:
    I {...} am a Brit with an English passport
    Curiously, England doesn't issue passports. I guess this illustrates why the UK has citizenship tests now.

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup

Quite so PDLM. I have an English passport and I never took a UK citizenship test.
    The state of the world.

can anyone confirm that HSBC allows US citizen to buy HKIPO?

i was told by several agencies that US citizens can NOT buy HKIPO based on US regulations, not because of the local agencies.

I want to buy some within next 2 weeks...but need to plan best way to do so.

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup

BenderBends, maybe it's not exactly what you're looking for but did you consider Chinese IPOs on the NYSE or Nasdaq? Granted you'll be removed from the investment buzz here in HK, but some gurus say that is a good thing for wise investment choices :-)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast