US Tax Consultant recommendations

Closed Thread

US Tax Consultant recommendations

having difficulties with the search function at the moment, can anyone recommend a good but CHEAP US tax consultant.

i dont make too much money out here in HK, and make almost nothing in US.

US-Asia Tax was good, but expensive. USD $500 for what I thought should have been a VERY simple tax job considering i dont own any property, have little to no deductions, and no expenses in US.

any ideas?

I'm assuming you used this ... but here's the search.

american tax consultant :: Hong Kong GeoExpat

Item 3 seems to be the most comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    having difficulties with the search function at the moment, can anyone recommend a good but CHEAP US tax consultant.

i dont make too much money out here in HK, and make almost nothing in US.

US-Asia Tax was good, but expensive. USD $500 for what I thought should have been a VERY simple tax job considering i dont own any property, have little to no deductions, and no expenses in US.

any ideas?
    just download turbo tax and it should not be a big problem. good luck!!

reviving an ancient thread....
    I have used US Asia Tax before, but they were quite expensive considering I have fairly average salary and dont have any loans or mortgages, and do not actively trade too much outside of US, and even that is quite limited.

i used them once, and then did it myself the years afterwards., but i want to be sure my taxes are filed correctly this year, since it seems the past few months i have come across new information that might point otherwise....such as MPF claiming, SS/Medicare, etc.