Like Tree4Likes

Affordable Personal Tax Advisor/Auditor

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Affordable Personal Tax Advisor/Auditor

I looked in the classifieds section before posting here, so please don't crucify me if this is an oft asked question

What is a reasonable charge for a Tax Advisor for helping file personal taxes in Hong Kong? I'll have no income from property, but just from Salary and Equity compensation. My employer covered my first year of assignment in HK, and the auditor is quoting HKD 12,000 for the second year which seems absurd.

A lot of folks tell me I can do it myself and it is straight-forward but I have equity that vested over the past year, from equity that was allocated to me during years before my employment in HK (that needs to be excluded for calculating HK tax). And that I will save a lot of time and energy if a personal tax auditor can do it on my behalf!

Anyone here uses/knows a personal tax advisor that doesn't charge me an absurd fee like that? Please PM me...

Last edited by blryoda; 12-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.

they do, but they provide me all equity compensation (vesting) during the said financial year. Someone needs to spend the effort in separating the part of vesting that was from equity allocation from the years preceding my years of employment in HK, so as to exclude that part from income to be taxed in HK. This is what my auditor did last year, and I am looking for a personal tax advisor to do this year.

Sounds very simple, but I am willing to pay a service fee if someone can do this for me.

Yes they do, my Charles Schwab account provides this break-up.

My last few tax returns in HK have takes less than 10 minutes each to fill. This might explain why few people pay for an advisor here.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    that's exactly why I am looking for an independent tax advisor as opposed to going with PwC or others. I have a quite from my auditor from last year for 12,000hkd and there;s the advantage of familiarity to my employer's reports of equity etc.

Nope, I am not a US Citizen, and I don't need a tax consultant who has knowledge of taxes in my home country. I am fully aware that I am exempt from any taxes in my country because I am not a tax resident for the full year past.

However, I just need a consultant who can accurately _exclude_ any income derived from sources allotted to me from my previous years preceding HK.

Have you looked at the form? If not, I would if I were you. It's very simple.

My auditor will only charge 5000 to do this. Pm me if you want

Bumping this.

Please pm me if you can recommend a personal tax consultant. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Bumping this.

Please pm me if you can recommend a personal tax consultant. TIA.
    What tax jurisdiction?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast