Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cookie09

Local contract or international graduate program (called VIE for French people)

Closed Thread

Local contract or international graduate program (called VIE for French people)

Dear all,
    I have an offer for a local contract in Hong Kong, we offer me 23500HK$ per month, I assume that I'll have to pay taxes, does someone know how much will it be?
    I did not sign anything at this stage, and I am thinking about proposing an international graduate program, it is called a VIE in France, the wage is higher and I am exempted of every taxes in France, if it happens to another french person, I' would be glad to have your point of view.

Many thanks in advance,
    Louise.

You can Google Hong Kong salary tax calculator. The government provides this so you can calculate your tax liability upfront. The first 120k are tax free so I think you pay about 5% tax on the rest. Depending on the government tax discount of the year, this could be zero after discount (yes, this is not France...)
    Don't counterpropose anything silly like a french program that nobody has ever heard of (except a french company, I guess). Makes you look amateurish and not very ready to move to the big world.
    Last but not least, 23k is an excellent salary for a graduate in Hong Kong. Usual bachelor graduates get 12 to 15k here

shri likes this.