Like Tree3Likes

Where can I file the profit tax in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can I file the profit tax in Hong Kong?

Hi,Can anyone advise me where to file profit tax in Hong Kong?I've got the form, the scanned form anyway. I don't want to pay the secretary because honestly, they're jerks. It's all NILL and I know how to fill it, I just don't know where to file. I've tried eTax but I don't have a tax account with them so I can't get an access code.I've been searching online for a few hours already and apart from eTax, I can't find anything.Thanks

Walk into the Inland Revenue department in Wan Chai?

HK_Katherine likes this.

I mean if I'm outside of HK, by post. Seems impossible though as they won't accept scanned copies.

Look at Q6. You don't need an etax account. https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxe...filing_pfr.htm

Key points for using the "Completion of Profits Tax Return" service

Any person appointed by the corporation/business can use the "Completion of Profits Tax Return" service to prepare the Profits Tax Return of the corporation/business, irrespective of whether he has an eTAX Account or not.

Please get ready the Profits Tax Return and the supporting documents referred to in the notice on page 1 of the Profits Tax Return before using this service.

To use the service, go to eTAX www.gov.hk/etax and select the "Completion of Profits Tax Return" service from the menu of "Services Available under eTAX". Then, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Read Important Notes
    Step 2: Enter File No. and Return Identification No. (RIN)
    Step 3: Complete Return
    Step 4: Add Notes to Filer
    Step 5: Save Draft Return for Submission

Well, I've done that.

And I've filled the form using the case number and the RIN. However, you download a file and then you have to submit it using eTax. I haven't found any way to submit directly from there. In other words, you can complete it but not submit it.

So here's my plan:
    1. Get the original papers.
    2. Complete them.
    3. Mail them.

In this case, I save $130 instead of having the secretary do them. Since all is NILL, I find this a good deal. Anything wrong with my plan?

Who is doing your auditing, maybe they can file it for you?

shri likes this.

No audit required. Business never commenced operations, it's dormant and filed for deregistration.

I just want to save money. I'm more or less broke. When I started this, I wasn't but now, I'm cutting my losses.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Klau11:
    No audit required.

I've sought legal council before this.

I don't have a bank account to audit to begin with.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast