Like Tree106Likes

2019 Tax Assessment Not Received

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Tax demands delayed due to the unrest affecting Lego's ability to enact the proposed concessions .... but still coming:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ters-going-out

Hey just wondering if anybody received their tax bill yet? I need to send a change of address form to IRD, and am worried it may get to them after they've already sent out the bill to my old address. Hope I've time.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HKthe:
    Hey just wondering if anybody received their tax bill yet? I need to send a change of address form to IRD, and am worried it may get to them after they've already sent out the bill to my old address. Hope I've time.

Thanks.
    Use the MyGovHK site to setup electronic notification for everything and then you receive everything in an email and no more paper sent to your address. You can still file your taxes manually on paper if you want but can get all the notices via email.
    Sith and traineeinvestor like this.

Tax bills to arrive in January:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...es-fourth-wave

Headlines says that you can pay in installments, but the devil is in the detail:

"Asked if paying tax by instalment was open to all, Chan said: “For instance, with a married couple, say one of them is laid off and they find it difficult to meet tax payments on time, then they may apply to the Inland Revenue Department to have payments rearranged by instalment. It's case by case on justifiable circumstances.”"

I just got mine today. First payment due Jan 15th and second in April as usual. Although in my case since I'm leaving HK in a few weeks I have to make a special trip to the tax office to pay all my taxes up to now ASAP before my company will release my December salary to me.

CharSiuNow likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Will do. I applied for a TVC account with AIA online yesterday. Apparently needs 2 working days to activate, then I can do a one time online transfer for $60k into this account. Then I guess next week I will head down to WanChai and tell them I am leaving HK. Will need to pay my 2018/19 tax that I just received notification about last night (which also includes 2019/20 provisional). Then I have an IR56G form from my employer (same as IR56B you normally get in April every year except this one is from April to December 2019). I guess I will just claim all the usual allowances like married persons, children, MPF payments, etc. This is when I will try and sneak in an extra $60k deduction for the TVC account I just opened .

Check mine online ... no tax bill yet.

Maybe I got mine last night before the rest of you lot because my company triggered some red flag when they submitted the 56G form and notifying that I was leaving. The bastards in the tax office probably thought ""oh shit we better do this guy first before he buggers off without paying".

Yep not got mine either.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just got mine today. First payment due Jan 15th and second in April as usual. Although in my case since I'm leaving HK in a few weeks I have to make a special trip to the tax office to pay all my taxes up to now ASAP before my company will release my December salary to me.
    Hello, what is indicated as the tax payment dates?

havent received mine so far..

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast