Like Tree106Likes

2019 Tax Assessment Not Received

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    Hello, what is indicated as the tax payment dates?

havent received mine so far..
    As stated in the post you quoted:

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    First payment due Jan 15th and second in April as usual.
    shri likes this.

I got mine a couple of days ago. The first installment is on the 31st of January, the second in April. Pretty identical to the previous one...

Some of us might recieve it as late as April as per the below article.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...nment-billions

they will use every excuse to blame it on the protesters, instead they're using 30 yo technology to manage their tax system.

timonoj likes this.

bdw > doesn't your TVC account gets locked up until you are 65 ?

just got mine over the week and darn, its painful first full year of tax (i.e. 2 year worth of payment)

An accountant friend of mine claimed there were delays because the IRD was fretting over how to structure their website in a way to prevent people setting up macros to make repetitive 1c payments as a protest action.

GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    An accountant friend of mine claimed there were delays because the IRD was fretting over how to structure their website in a way to prevent people setting up macros to make repetitive 1c payments as a protest action.
    Sounds unlikely. Minimum payment X% of your bill or X amount would take 10 minutes to program and solve this one.

Just back from the tax office. A bit of a headache. Trying to do my 2019/20 taxes now (April to Dec 19) because leaving HK next week. They gave me a normal looking tax return, filled it in as normal, but there was nowhere to claim the $60k TVC deduction, so instead of claiming $13.5k MPF deduction ($1500 x 9 months), I just added another $60k here and claimed $73.5k. They looked at it and told me to fuck off its way too high and cannot claim more than $18k in this box. I asked how to claim the TVC then and got a blank stare. Finally after some negotiation they gave me a white piece of paper and I had to write "I wish to claim $60k TVC deduction" on it and now its been sent off to some case officer to verify.

They also wanted a copy of my kids birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc to verify all the other deductions I make. I didnt have paper on me but had in my onedrive on my phone, asked them their email address to send it too. Sorry, we only accept fax. They said email's can get lost. I didn't bother telling them faxes also can get lost . So now back in office I have to figure out how to use the bloody fax machine and write a cover letter etc. Bloody hell.

Hopefully my case officer will tell me the amount to pay by Friday. Then Monday need to rock up again with cash, cannot pay this one by credit card to get extra cash back. Get some release letter to give to my employer so they will pay my December salary.

pin, Paxbritannia and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Just back from the tax office. A bit of a headache. Trying to do my 2019/20 taxes now (April to Dec 19) because leaving HK next week. They gave me a normal looking tax return, filled it in as normal, but there was nowhere to claim the $60k TVC deduction, so instead of claiming $13.5k MPF deduction ($1500 x 9 months), I just added another $60k here and claimed $73.5k. They looked at it and told me to fuck off its way too high and cannot claim more than $18k in this box. I asked how to claim the TVC then and got a blank stare. Finally after some negotiation they gave me a white piece of paper and I had to write "I wish to claim $60k TVC deduction" on it and now its been sent off to some case officer to verify.

They also wanted a copy of my kids birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc to verify all the other deductions I make. I didnt have paper on me but had in my onedrive on my phone, asked them their email address to send it too. Sorry, we only accept fax. They said email's can get lost. I didn't bother telling them faxes also can get lost . So now back in office I have to figure out how to use the bloody fax machine and write a cover letter etc. Bloody hell.

Hopefully my case officer will tell me the amount to pay by Friday. Then Monday need to rock up again with cash, cannot pay this one by credit card to get extra cash back. Get some release letter to give to my employer so they will pay my December salary.
    Lolling at fax, so typically HK. Sorry to hear your troubles.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bammunu:
    Some of us might recieve it as late as April as per the below article.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...nment-billions
    OK - in the office seems a fair number received their bills already but I'm still waiting on mine. Assume once it passes a certain date in December I won't have my payment due mid-Jan right?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast