Like Tree97Likes

2019 Tax Assessment Not Received

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Cool 2019 Tax Assessment Not Received

Hi,

I moved to Hong Kong last November, and filed my tax return this summer, but still haven’t received a bill from the IRD. Is this normal? When should I expect to receive the HK tax bill?

Thanks!

The deadline for first time summer tax returns (assuming you used e-tax) was only last month. I'd just wait a while and see. If they send a bill, it won't be payable until January so I wouldn't worry too much yet, just make sure you're putting enough by for when they do hit you with the bill.

traineeinvestor, shri and Vsn44 like this.

We haven't received our assessment yet, submitted via etax, which is unusually late (latest previously was August). . Get in touch if you still haven't received anything by beginning of December. The Tax people I've had contact with in the past are very helpful.

Vsn44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    We haven't received our assessment yet, submitted via etax, which is unusually late (latest previously was August). . Get in touch if you still haven't received anything by beginning of December. The Tax people I've had contact with in the past are very helpful.
    This is the first time we haven't received till October i can see as far as the record goes in my e-tax account, not sure if its something do with measures declared in that mini booster budget or waiting for something in Policy address today..

Same here nothing through on my etax, and the wife who gets the paper statement has received nothing either. Although last year's arrived in October and the year before in November. So not unprecedented.

Get the feeling though they are waiting on something this year.

I normally receive my assessment by now and I've been paying tax here for about 5 years, so maybe its being deliberately delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia
    I normally receive my assessment by now and I've been paying tax here for about 5 years, so maybe its being deliberately delayed?
    Agreed, I think they are holding out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by london008
    Same here nothing through on my etax, and the wife who gets the paper statement has received nothing either. Although last year's arrived in October and the year before in November. So not unprecedented.

Get the feeling though they are waiting on something this year.
    Likewise. Maybe some big announcement at the policy address? Like no taxes this year!!!!!
    Kowloon Goon and eryhur like this.

My wife did get her assessment while I didn’t yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Likewise. Maybe some big announcement at the policy address? Like no taxes this year!!!!!
    I'd like to nominate you as CE

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast