Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By Trebor

Amendment of Assessment 2015/16

Closed Thread

Amendment of Assessment 2015/16

I have an amendment of assessment payment demand from the IRD from my 2015/16 return stating that i owe them over 9k.

Why are they sending me this 6 years down the line? All tax assessed at the time was paid in full. What could possibly have changed since then that would change what i owed?

Needless to say i have lodged a complaint, cant even access my assessment that year on their website as so much time has elapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    What could possibly have changed since then that would change what i owed?
    Somebody needs to finance my shopping vouchers

On the amendment of assessment that you just received, if its anything like mine will be 3 pages long. Page 1 shows the amount of tax payable for 2016 less the amount you paid already, and the difference that you need to make up now. Page 2 shows the breakdown of everything with 3 columns, the revised amount, original amount, amount of additional assessment. Page 3 is the payment voucher for the additional amount.

So page 2 should show very clearly what has changed and why you need to pay an additional amount.

VillanElle likes this.

Reported by one of your frenemies? Who did you fire lately?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    On the amendment of assessment that you just received, if its anything like mine will be 3 pages long. Page 1 shows the amount of tax payable for 2016 less the amount you paid already, and the difference that you need to make up now. Page 2 shows the breakdown of everything with 3 columns, the revised amount, original amount, amount of additional assessment. Page 3 is the payment voucher for the additional amount.

So page 2 should show very clearly what has changed and why you need to pay an additional amount.
    Nothing has changed apart from the made up number that they want me to pay

By that I mean I haven’t been paid anything relating to 2015/16 and they haven’t retrospectively changed tax rates for then so what could possibly have changed that wouldn’t have been picked up 6 years ago

Good job they don’t have a massive backlog for this year to deal with to be pissing around with 6 year old accounts

shri likes this.