Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By muzzdang

Double Taxation Treaty & eTax filing

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hong Kong

    Double Taxation Treaty & eTax filing

    Pretty much all my income is sourced from overseas, and one particular firm has deducted Singapore tax from my ( Non-exec Director Salary) before paying me the money. They told me I can claim this back in HK - but I have no idea how. I logged into etax to file my return today and it said I could not use e-tax if I was going to claim an excemption - is this an exemption? Anyone know?

    Has anyone done this? Is it simple?

    And if the answer to the above question is "no" - anyone know a CHEAP HK tax advisor who could help (and cost less than the tax saved LOL)?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Yes, e-filing is not possible if you are claiming an exemption

    Complete part 4 of the hardcopy form

    HK_Katherine, HSY and shri like this.