Paying taxes

Closed Thread

Question Paying taxes

Hi guys, I work in HK and I'd like to know how to pay taxes on my salary.
    Last year I had a 20k per month job, but the contract was suspended after 3 months and I got the termination letter after another 6 months.
    Now I have a 55k per month job, that I started a month ago. I am living in HK.
    How would I declare / pay taxes?
    Last year I did not pay any taxes on the salary received.

To make it a bit complicated, I have my tax residency in italy as well, as I have a personal company there and properties, so I still live in italy for the Italian gov, but I dunno where I love for the HK gov lol
    I pay all the italian taxes in Italy.
    Is there anything that I should do?

What sort of visa are you here in? Are you formally employed here?

Usually the employer will send their return to the ird and give you a copy and you then submit your return to the IRD.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What sort of visa are you here in? Are you formally employed here?

Usually the employer will send their return to the ird and give you a copy and you then submit your return to the IRD.
    I had a 2year work visa before
    I have a new 2 year work visa now.

So i just have to ask my old employer?
    I am responsible for paying the taxes right?

A lot of unkown variables. Not sure how your old company structure your old salary ie employment (salary tax) or contract (personal assessment). I would recommend filing even thou you are not reaching the taxable threshold. Account can be setup online via IRD website.

Also this double tax thing with italy is getting things complicated and you should consult a tax expert. You might want to check with Italy side as I doubt there are many tax expert locally are well versed with Italian law.

https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/ppr/archi...Kong%20sourced.

Yes you are responsible for paying your taxes. Surprised your previous company did not give you an employers return.