Changes to Aussie tax exemptions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks Skyhook...long time no see...

Now we're talkin'!

That's the sort of info I was after. Thanks Mumto2.

Exactly..Next time we should just save the headache and ring them up instead..but I still haven't figured out what is the cheapest way to call Australia during the day.

you're welcome guys...oztohk I joined up with 1529 - I talk for literally hours upon hours upon hours ANY time of the day to all over the world, but particularly Australia and my bill is about HK$125 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mumto2:
    you're welcome guys...oztohk I joined up with 1529 - I talk for literally hours upon hours upon hours ANY time of the day to all over the world, but particularly Australia and my bill is about HK$125 a month.
    Thanks again, mumto2. You are truly helpful. I will find out this 1529 and see what my options are...

you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by OZTOHK:
    I will find out this 1529
    IDT Asia - Hong Kong costs HK$0.28/min from a HK mobile to Australian fixed lines (HK$1.48/min to Australian mobiles; HK$0.38/$1.48/min from HK fixed).

You get HK$28 credit to your account (so 100 minutes to Australia fixed from HK mobile) just for signing up. It's all very simply autopaid from your credit card, and IDT sends you the bill by email 14 days before they debit your credit card, giving you time to raise any queries with them (and their customer service is easy to get through to, although I haven't, and I don't know anyone who has, ever had any issues with the bill). This is unlike PCCW who, quite outrageously in my opinion, debit your credit card one or two days BEFORE they send you the bill.

I'm not sure about the Australian route, but I do know that over the last few months 1529's reliability and call quality to the Philippines has also been much better than 0060's.
    Last edited by PDLM; 17-05-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks very much PDLM for this info. I'd like to report that I've already signed up for this 1529 service. I could've got you or mumto2 a $28 credit for referring me, but I was too eager to register and make the calls that I couldn't wait to ask your customer IDs...

Another problem solved for me. This forum is absolutely superb!

lol oztohk...thanks for the thought!