Like Tree4Likes

Late Return of Tax Form

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

F.A.O. bdw:

Which browser do you use when attempting to log in to your eTax account?

Won't let me log in if I use Chrome and probably the latest version of Firefox, therefore I use IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    F.A.O. bdw:

Which browser do you use when attempting to log in to your eTax account?

Won't let me log in if I use Chrome and probably the latest version of Firefox, therefore I use IE.
    I have found that eTax only works for me with IE.

dot.zen
    M C likes this.

As a general matter, won't the IRD accept proof of mailing as proof of timely filing? I realize this question might be a bit archiac in the age of online filing.

Im on IE8 with Vista. My machine is a bit buggered up and slow so could definitely be my problem. But Im not too worried, there is a post office on 1st floor of my office. I just have to get my lazy ass out of my chair for a 5 minute walk.

Thanks all.

One time, forgot to pay the provisional, second part of tax demand/bill on due date, and only realized 3 days later, then did so, by ATM - half expected a surcharge note to follow... but no.

to stay away from trouble, why dont you submit the tax return on time if can do so. Anyway, to my experience, it may be ok to file the tax return 1 day late(but i hv reasonable grounds to submit it late)

I've known people who have submitted their paper returns up to 3 weeks late and still be okay.

Just best not to be late or too late.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_in_hk:
    ...up to 3 weeks late and still be okay.
    !?!

Wouldn't let it slide that far.

Anyway, already popped the green envelope in the post last night, along with brief apology (but no good enough reason).

Also logged on Gov.hk to apply for a new eTax account for next time. It takes 2 working days for an Access Code to be sent, then with it, will register, set up password, etc. They'll send out reminders. Great - need them!

Thanks for the tips.