Like Tree9Likes

UK Arcadia Group Clothing Delivery to HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile UK Arcadia Group Clothing Delivery to HK

Just a quick note that may be helpful to some. All Arcadia Group brands in the UK now deliver to HK for a flat rate of GBP 10.50! If you know your size in a particular store then it's great!

The full list:

• Topshop
    • Topman
    • Dorothy Perkins
    • Wallis
    • Burtons
    • Miss Selfridge

Delivery is 3-12 days but I received my huge packet of DP goodies in about 5, which I think is pretty good going.

Also Asos.com and Figleaves.com deliver and are reasonably priced.

It would be great to get a list of other international clothing retailers that deliver to HK for both men and women - where else can anyone suggest?

Happy shopping...!
    Last edited by kjfarr; 09-09-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    ArKay and cathy789 like this.

Evans (plus-size clothing) is part of the Dotty Perkins chain and they will also deliver to HK.

kjfarr likes this.

why do some shops take the VAT off if the order is being shipped outside the UK, but others do not e.g. marks and spencers?

I ordered from Asos twice, and I found both times that the shipping was really expensive. But they were really fast, received my package in approx. a week.

American Apparel ships to HK as well, they have been the fastest in all of the online shopping I've done. They shipped using Fed Ex the next day, and I received my package in no more then 4 days.

Superdry ships to HK as well.

kjfarr likes this.

I use Underarmour for my lightweight hiking gear since I can't find any brands in sizes big enough for me here. The shipping is fast (4 days or so), but pretty expensive.

kjfarr likes this.

a few words of advice...

I placed an order with Evans that was around 500 pounds (I ordered stuff for 2 girlfriends as well) and when I received the parcel it only contained 9 out of the 24 items ordered. We went through all the rigamarole of contacting Evans and finding out what happened and Arcadia's final verdict was to deal with my credit card as a "item not delivered" it was not their problem.

I contacted my credit card, the delivery service and they all said it was all in Arcadia's hands.... Long story short, I was still charged for the 500 pounds worth of clothes even though I only received 240 pounds.

In the end I my hubby (a lawyer) wrote them a letter stating the facts and explained to them "nicely" that we had no problems paying for what we received, but we did have a problem paying for the missing items. Should they refuse to refund, "further" action would be taken....

Arcadia finally apologized and admitted that they did indeed not send all the items here seeing as Hong Kong is a new place they ship to. Money was reimbursed and all is well!

Moral of the story.... if the parcel looks too small, open it and check contents before signing for it. Let the delivery service deal with it...

I will try and order with them again, however I think it will be in smaller batches...

kjfarr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret101:
    Moral of the story.... if the parcel looks too small, open it and check contents before signing for it. Let the delivery service deal with it...
    Eh? I don't think you can do that - the obligation of the delivery company is simply to deliver in good condition what the company sending it gave to them. If the package appears tampered with or damaged then you can reasonably refuse to accept it, but you can't open a package that was correctly delivered and then decline to accept it on the grounds that the company sending it didn't send all that you requested. By opening a package that is delivered in good condition I believe you thereby accept delivery of it.

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, but having a third unbiased party witness that the contents do not match the order slip would have helped greatly. Arcadia tried to pass it off as the loss happened either with the delivery company or myself, they wanted to take no responsibility that it could have happened within one of their warehouses.

My point is just be careful when dealing with large companies... They try to pass the blame onto the little guy and it is not right.

There's some useful info here - thanks! It's always good to plan my next shopping binge ahead of time!

For anyone missing Oasis, Gap or Warehouse from the UK/US, although they don't ship to HK themselves, Asos.com has a reasonable amount of their stuff on the site. Not much new collection stuff though, sadly.

Gap (& the associated brands, Old Navy, Bana Republic etc) does ship to HK from the US. They use a fulfillment company called Fifty-One, which is the same people that UnderArmour use, and who are, in my experience relatively expensive. Moreover, if you want to return stuff then they require you to do it to an address in Hong Kong rather than direct to the US; they then give you a much reduced credit back to cover the cost of shipping back to the US via Fifty-One which is MUCH more expensive overall than just shipping the returns back to the US direct with the Post Office would be.

Fifty-One also insists on billing you in HK$ at a pretty unfavourable exchange rate so you lose out there as well vs buying in US$.

Overall I wouldn't recommend them unless you have no other choice.

Last edited by PDLM; 10-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    kjfarr likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast