Looking for a Men's barbershop/salon.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a Men's barbershop/salon.

I am looking for a barbershop that is not ridiculousy expensive. I usually just get a basic shave all the way around and sometimes lined up really simple. Any suggestions. I looked up a few "fancy" ones. Not really important. Just a good ole' american-style barber. Is that possible?

i read that the good old shanghainese style salons are great as all the old men are super experienced, so are able to do style you want...

v cheap and nothing fancy, but v authentic from what i've observed

i think there are still a few left in wan chai (upstairs) and perhaps in mong kok. best to search and ask for recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by sabba23:
    I am looking for a barbershop that is not ridiculousy expensive. I usually just get a basic shave all the way around and sometimes lined up really simple. Any suggestions. I looked up a few "fancy" ones. Not really important. Just a good ole' american-style barber. Is that possible?
    Same here! Just a good basic barber. 20mins in and out procedure, no trendy designer shampoo and conditioner, no head massage, no small talk, no offers of espresso, no pampering, just a macho manly haircut.

Anyone?

At the corner of Hollywood Road and Shing Wong Street is a tiny shop tucked away on Wa Hing Lane (behind Yan On House, 84 Hollywood Road). I pay the old man HKD 48 for a shave.

He doesn't speak English.

I go to EC-house for a $50, 10 minute cut. Walk in, beep your octopus (they only accept octopus payments), stand in line, cut, walk out. They even vacuum clean your head at the end.

www.ec-house.com.hk

There is another one called QB house as well:

Hongkong | QB House

These 2 places are everywhere. I think people are insane to pay more than $50 for a cut.

Barber shop in Bank of America Tower, around HK$140

Barber shop off Wellington St, near LKF, around HK$210

Barber shop at the Mandarin Oriental, around HK$400

I go to the salon when back in China. 25 min massage, wash hair, cut for 35 Yuan in the good place I go to.

Wingonet.com

Haven't paid for a hair cut in about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    Wingonet.com

Haven't paid for a hair cut in about 10 years
    We are not talking about backhair!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    We are not talking about backhair!
    OMG!!!11 do you know me!!11

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast