Like Tree1Likes

hairdresser

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

hairdresser

hi, can anyone suggest good and reasonable hairdresser ,who can understand and speak english , around Discoverybay or Tung Chung area, i need to get color and a hair cut done.

Thanks

I am going to Mina Dew'ill in Central. Will let u know how they are..my friend recommended them and they have a pretty good offer, check out their website..

http://www.minadevwil.com/page.html

Mens Haircuts

Hi - can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hair dresser near central or mid-levels for guys? I am looking for a place where they speak good English. Nothing fancy but not a production line barber either. I do not want to pay the HKD 500-800 being quoted in IFC mall and Four Seasons Place Thank you (and Happy New Year).

How much are you actually wiing to pay will give us a better idea
    Posted via Mobile Device

Catnip
    Not certain whether you will be able to find someone in TC / DB area so thought to share with you my hairdresser - just so you have it.

Let me recommend that you give Kelvin a call at:
    93728234, he speaks English.

His works from a salon in Jordan at 12 Tak Hing Street, Rightful Centre.

This is a glimpse of why I go to him ...

I am blonde that uses color to even out my hair with textures and arrrrgggghhhh the frustration of being blonde in HK ... it took the better part of 6 years to find someone to get it 'right' after a lot of total disasters.

Trust me just because you pay a lot or a little does not mean that you will be satisfied.

Anyhow 3 years ago after hearing/listening to my frustration my then fiancee (now husband) dragged me out an literally started to go door to door (hairdresser to hairdresser) until he found one that 'he' liked and one that would also be able to communicate with me. My husband is HK-born non Chinese that speaks fluent Cantonese me I am an American who studied and speaks Mandarin but have learned from past 'horror' experiences now refuses to speak any other language but English when it comes to two things:
    1. my health
    2. my hair

Kelvin actually got it and gets it every time I go to him, the first time I was in near tears because I was so scared of what the result might be. But in the end I have had to get use to people giving my compliments on my 'healthy hair with great color.'

Through the last three years Kelvin has not only colored my hair but taught me how to treated it better with the pollution, weather changes and constant traveling - all things that can damage one's hair.

I suggest you give him a call - oh I should mention that now now my husband goes to him too to assist with the camouflaging the grey that has begun to sprout out on his head.

Last edited by Alby; 02-01-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Jimbo - I'm looking to spend around HKD 250 - 300 for a basic cut ... If it's possible? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

The Barber Shop

Based in Wellington st central, used them before and they're fine.
    You need to make an appointment though if you wish to go after 5 pm.

Alby, I still go to your old hairdresser in TST. I like her cuts, but she went a bit overboard on the color last time and its taken a while to get used to. Will tone it down next month.

thanks very much alby for this....will def. call Kelvin and will fix an appointment, any idea how much are the charge for coloring and hair cutting.

i am loosing my hair day by day since when we have shifted in hong kong , still trying to figure it out the reason, does other people also experience the same problem or ???? That's why i am bit scared of going any local hairdresser.
    But thanks anyways for your advice and help. Appreciated.

Great, thanks Jimbo!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast