Like Tree22Likes

Most amazing ALL-DAY lipstick ever! Seriousely it doesn't come off!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Most amazing ALL-DAY lipstick ever! Seriousely it doesn't come off!

Girls! I have to share this with everyone! I heard about the all-day Infallible lipstick, by L'Oreal, so much, but couldn't find it anywhere. But I found something similar and it's fantastic! (I think Cover-girl has one too)

I just bought Lipfinity by Max Factor. I put some on this afternoon and no matter what I do, it is not coming off! eating, drinking, kissing...it's still on 14hrs later and still looks like I just applied it!

Is this some kind of crazy new lipstick technology? I wish I had this 10 yrs ago! LOL.

It cost me 92$ at Watsons. not bad considering I use Mac and have to reapply all the time (were does it go? I think I'm eating it! LOL), and spend more $$ cuz I finish them fast.

It's got 2 steps:
    1st is the base. When you first apply it, it's a little sticky. I suggest waiting a minute for it to dry. Then, I applyed a second coat (for more uniform coverage) and went arround the outline of the lips to act as a lip liner. Let dry again. Then apply the gloss (step2) .

This is really great for those evenings where you expect to have alot of photos taken and can't constantly check if you need to reapply lipstick. Wish I had this for New Years!

Hope you like this!

Cheers,
    Nathalie

Last edited by pinkinhk; 06-01-2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks for sharing!

pinkinhk likes this.

I've been using it for a while...I agree that it has amazing staying-put qualities.

The colour base does have a tendency to dry out the lips, though, so always make sure you put on loads of the moisturiser once it has dried in place. And reapply during the day.

pinkinhk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkinhk:
    Girls! I have to share this with everyone! I heard about the all-day Infallible lipstick, by L'Oreal, so much, but couldn't find it anywhere. But I found something similar and it's fantastic! (I think Cover-girl has one too)

I just bought Lipfinity by Max Factor. I put some on this afternoon and no matter what I do, it is not coming off! eating, drinking, kissing...it's still on 14hrs later and still looks like I just applied it!

Is this some kind of crazy new lipstick technology? I wish I had this 10 yrs ago! LOL.

It cost me 92$ at Watsons. not bad considering I use Mac and have to reapply all the time (were does it go? I think I'm eating it! LOL), and spend more $$ cuz I finish them fast.

It's got 2 steps:
    1st is the base. When you first apply it, it's a little sticky. I suggest waiting a minute for it to dry. Then, I applyed a second coat (for more uniform coverage) and went arround the outline of the lips to act as a lip liner. Let dry again. Then apply the gloss (step2) .

This is really great for those evenings where you expect to have alot of photos taken and can't constantly check if you need to reapply lipstick. Wish I had this for New Years!

Hope you like this!

Cheers,
    Nathalie
    Oh dear, i also wish you know before new years and posted it here. Just few days before new years I spent $$$ on lipsticks and glosses.
    quick question.....you meant you dont need to reapply the gloss? if thats the case i am buying it certainly.

thanks
    pinkinhk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    Oh dear, i also wish you know before new years and posted it here. Just few days before new years I spent $$$ on lipsticks and glosses.
    quick question.....you meant you dont need to reapply the gloss? if thats the case i am buying it certainly.

thanks
    The top coat isn't a gloss, it's a moisturising balm and soaks into the lips to counteract the very drying effect of the colour base. You will find that you go through more of the balm than the colour base and that's why they sell that separately on its own. You can apply the balm during the day and it doesn't dilute the colour - but it's in no way a glossy effect.
    pinkinhk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    The top coat isn't a gloss, it's a moisturising balm and soaks into the lips to counteract the very drying effect of the colour base. You will find that you go through more of the balm than the colour base and that's why they sell that separately on its own. You can apply the balm during the day and it doesn't dilute the colour - but it's in no way a glossy effect.
    Thanks.
    I'll just test it, if no glossy effect then I am not sure if I will get one. Any clue if its ok to apply additional gloss over the moisturizing balm?

Hey Mercury-element!

The coulour base really stays put!

You don't need to apply anything over it if you don't want to.
    However, I find it a bit sticky so I put gloss on top.

Realy cool note: you can actually use any gloss you have on hand!
    I tried it with just plain old chapstick and this didn't affect the base!

I guess the balm is not necessary and its just to get you to spend more $$!

mercury_element likes this.

Hey Mercury-element!

Hi pink...actually I had a look in Mannings the other day and there is a gloss version now, so it could well be a new approach to it. The 'paint' is very long-lasting and comes in good shades but it does dry out the lips, hence I would definitely encourage copious amounts of their balm, or any other balm, to keep lips moisturised. I've been using the non-gloss one for about a year and it's so good on the colour-stay aspect, I've accepted the dryness.
    mercury_element and pinkinhk like this.

Hey Mercury-element!

Hey thanks, I will surely try it out, with balm, and without, with gloss and without.
    pinkinhk likes this.

Hey , so now that I got this lipstick on, how the hell do I get it to come off???!!!!
    Has anyone discovered a good trick for this?
    It's even resistant to my high tech to waterproof eyemakeup remover!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast